Roe Racing is moving soon!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The lease is up on the large building we have and I’m taking the opportunity (with the overall economy) to cut down on overhead and refocus on product development / customer service and quality control.

We’re moving from the small town of Green Cove Springs back into Jacksonville after five years at the old Navy base industrial park, where we enjoyed having the use of the runways.

In the last two weeks of the month, I’ll be hard to reach (but not impossible) and emails will be a few hours or a day delayed. The rest of the staff will still be carrying on as usual, though may get roped into helping move things. So, parts and orders will still be going out during this time.

I look at this as a good opportunity. Five years ago, when I moved into a larger place, I took on having up to eight employees, a full machine shop and a ton of work. What I didn’t expect was the time it would take day-to-day to run it and manage everyone. It almost completely took away the time I had / needed to design and develop new items I had been thinking about. So, I’m regrouping and going back to the business model I had before I let it get big and hard to control, just me and a couple employees (2) doing specialty work. I’m selling off the larger heavy equipment that was purchased to manufacture parts and going back to using job shops again. I liked having the ability to manufacture all the parts in house and it does help with part costs, but ended up costing me more time, which didn’t really work out so well (not to mention the costs when a machine goes down). Now, most of the production machining will go out to job shops and we’ll make small parts / assemble / weld and do minor fabrication in house.

The next couple weeks will be hectic around here while I sell off extra items that aren’t needed to maintain the business (and items that are a pain to move, like a 15,000 lb Mazak 510C, 4,000lb lathe, 4,000 lb dyno, etc). As an FYI, I’ll be using a local dyno for tuning again.

My goal on the other side of the move is to get back to where I’m not so thinned out and can get more done again, instead of trying to manage people to do things the way I want them done and pulling my hair out when they don’t. Though I haven’t been on the board in the last few weeks, in the near future, I should have time again.

Effective October 20th, the new shop phone numbers are (904) 230-5422 and 230-5423.
The new fax number (available now) is (866)-927-8981. This information and new address will be posted on our website soon also (as soon as I can get to it).

Regards,
Sean

PS, keep an eye on ebay for some great garage sale items!

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/roeracing

Last edited by a moderator:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BEST of luck to you, Sean~! Always good to slow down a bit...ENJOY your work again like you did. ALL our best to ya! ~mike & juli~

R

RTED

Sean, Good luck with the move and thank you for the updated contact information!!:headbang:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan !!!

Glad to see you setting up for what you do best...and find most fulfilling!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can move to Michigan! Please?! You'd have fun in the snow....really.

Although Michigan is a great place I was thinking BC would be a place where there's no competition. Not many customers either, but the roads can be pretty empty ... and they're all curved roads throughout the mountains.

Ted

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your move.

We need somebody like Roe or Tator or any good Viper mechanics to move to the Tri State (Pa/NJ/Del) area, we have nobody... :(

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bay Area is always an option!
Plenty of beautiful mountain roads for driving and weather that allows it for 9-10 months out of the year!
Sears Point and Leguna Seca an hour's drive away. ThunderHill and Buttonwillow raceways are only 3 hours away.
For the 2-3 months you can't drive a Viper, you can be in Tahoe or Reno in less than 4 hours for skiing or gambling or both.
And lets not forget the miles and miles of driving on the coastline...
Besides all of that, we would certainly love to have you here!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a well known fact (????) that automotive creative genius blossoms in the high heat and humidity of Houston

Roe Racing
#1 Fast Lane
Houston, Texas 770xx

looks good in print, doesn't it....hhhhmmmm?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang