ROE Supercharger Question?

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you use a GEN1 ROE on a GEN 2 viper? Are there any differences as far as this is concerned. I know the engines are slightly different but was not sure if the intake itself was that different that there was a design change in the ROE to make it work for either generation Viper.:eater:

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I need a for sure answer though. I wonder if anyone will be at Sean Roe's shop tomorrow that I can call? Hmmm.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check to see if intake gaskets are different. Sean does a great job match porting the stock intake ports.

Since the heads are different I'd assume that the intakes are different. Call Larry Macedo or JonB as they'd know having worked on both Gen 1 and 2s.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Geesh, you gonna keep it a secret? Enquiring minds want to know.

I ordered a set of exhaust gaskets. The ports were puny and 2 of the bolts didn't line up. Gen 1 or Truck gasket? Not even close to fitting on my Gen 2.

Ted

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those that are curious the lower manifold IS different. So you can't use a GEN 1 kit on a GEN 2 car. Also the computer wiring is different so the VEC would be different as well.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that are curious the lower manifold IS different. So you can't use a GEN 1 kit on a GEN 2 car. Also the computer wiring is different so the VEC would be different as well.

Technically, it's the same VEC. But the wiring of the Gen 2 is plug-and-play whereas the wiring on the gen1 requires you to make your own adapter harness.

Same for gen3, BTW... (not same harness, but same install issue).

gen2 VEC install takes about 15 min. add 90 min for a gen 1 or gen3.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went for $4151. Good deal. If only I had some money and a death wish...IT COULD HAVE BEEN MINE!

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I bought it. Sean Roe called me back about an hour before the auction ended and told me he had what was needed to convert it to a gen 2kit. And that it was not a big deal. Super nice guy. Called me on a Saturday night at 7:30pm about something that I was not even buying from him.:D

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frick, I was after it, but I was waiting on ROE to let me know if it was going to work.

Curse you! Curse you to heck!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I bought it. Sean Roe called me back about an hour before the auction ended and told me he had what was needed to convert it to a gen 2kit. And that it was not a big deal. Super nice guy. Called me on a Saturday night at 7:30pm about something that I was not even buying from him.:D

good buy! :2tu:

and nice to know

Merry Christmas