Roe TT

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
btw I don't know if anyone else has checked, but I emailed roe and they said you CAN do this with a gen IV. It will just take some tweaking with the electronics

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think thats a whole lotta tweaking ($$$) to do on the gen4 cars.

Yeah I'm sure it will take a lot of time and cash to do it, but I'd be willing to give it a try. If I can do it this winter I will and I'll post up on the results.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hows the car holding up GONABITE? Getting used to the power yet?

also, someone asked but I dont think it was answered, but what HP setting were you at on the track?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was re-reading this thread while waiting for more news about the DIY kits availability, (I live diaganally across the continent from ROE), and was wondering if the only addition to the factory ECU was an SCT programmer.

Does it need a VEC for boost reference?

And how are those first cars doing?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's his response guys ... "Everything is great the car runs strong and have put 1000 miles on it with no problems. Im just checking out the market for the car I may not sell it. I have been looking to possibly buy a murcielago.

Sounds like everything's good.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really does amaze me how many cars you see that get the TT biuld . Then soon after they get the car back its up for sale .

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really does amaze me how many cars you see that get the TT biuld . Then soon after they get the car back its up for sale .

for some people it turns out to be more than they can handle, or what is fun for a DD anymore. a guy up here has an 800rwhp Viper, that he is having some kind of restrictor put in he said, because it has become virtually useless to drive. i heard it is down at davenport in calgary. i didnt catch the whole story, but this is what it sounds like he was saying at a car meet up here.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
makes perfect sense to me..
my 03 srt only has 476 rwhp 512 tq but honestly 1st and second gear are useless...

my lil 250 rwhp nsx is much more fun to drive around in..I can get on it anywere anytime with zero issues...

476 rwhp like i said is still fun But you have to be careful...From everything Ive ever read over the years 550-600 rwhp is were they stop being fun altogether..As 1st 2nd and third gear can be dangerous..

when your talking 700 plus rwhp..I mean..The stock vipers already feel like half race car have normal car as it is..Adding another 250 rwhp for 700 is basically a bonafied race car..That your trying to subdue for street use..

Thats why Im just sticking with NA power at 550-600 rwhp...Pretty rare to see these for sale right after the build as compared to the 700,800,900.1100,1300,1500 PLUS cars..

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 03 srt only has 476 rwhp 512 tq but honestly 1st and second gear are useless...

my lil 250 rwhp nsx is much more fun to drive around in..I can get on it anywere anytime with zero issues...

476 rwhp like i said is still fun But you have to be careful...From everything Ive ever read over the years 550-600 rwhp is were they stop being fun altogether..As 1st 2nd and third gear can be dangerous..

when your talking 700 plus rwhp..I mean..The stock vipers already feel like half race car have normal car as it is..Adding another 250 rwhp for 700 is basically a bonafied race car..That your trying to subdue for street use..

Thats why Im just sticking with NA power at 550-600 rwhp...Pretty rare to see these for sale right after the build as compared to the 700,800,900.1100,1300,1500 PLUS cars..

Good tires help alot and most who do extensive NA builds keep the car because if cost. Those NA builds can run double and triple the cost of FI. Not to mention I think an NA car can be beat on a bit more then FI which leads to those with FI dumping them early.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys..... as far as building the car and then getting rid of it. The only reason im considering selling the car is due to the price of murcielagos has really dropped and I am looking at a good deal on one right now.

Believe me I am torn the viper is a bad *** looking car and with the edition of the Roe TT it moves along pretty dam good. The murci.... well thats just a **** car with not much go and I know that it will take a lot of money to get any where near the power I have in the snake.

The car is running great..... as far as getting used to the power with the nitto drag radials traction was not a huge problem unless you were at full throttle in first gear once you bang second even at full throttle minimal spin and hang on. I just put the stock tires back on due the lack of the cornering capabilities of the nittos. Now 1st and 2nd gear at anything more than half throttle not much traction. My safety in and out of traffic and around curves is a bit more important to me than a red light to red light race. The next tire purchase will be the pilot sport cups they have a nice low treadwear of 80 so they should do a nice job holding the power.

To sum it all up...... the car with the TT setup is awesome and if I keep the car I will be forging the motor this winter and put another 200 to 300 HP to it. The murcielago is so **** though!!!!

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe people on a car forum are saying they wouldn't have a car because it made too much power. I drive around with my car set on around 1000. I have had zero issues driving it. No, you can't floor it and expect it to hook. You have to learn to drive the car, not that hard. I drive my car almost everyday the weather allows. I use it to get groceries, to eat, etc. I can drive it to the track with a 20" invo and run 5's in the 1/8th at over 120mph. I can run 9's on the lowest setting, street tires and drive it home.

Anyone that doesn't enjoy something capable of doing that, isn't a real car guy.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I completley disagree. It only has that much power at WOT, as long as you drive the car with some common sense, there's no problem what so ever. I have a 06 Coupe with a 540ci stroked and supercharged engine making a "conservative" 700hp/700lb tq at the wheels and it's amazingly drivable around town.

I can't believe people on a car forum are saying they wouldn't have a car because it made too much power. I drive around with my car set on around 1000. I have had zero issues driving it. No, you can't floor it and expect it to hook. You have to learn to drive the car, not that hard. I drive my car almost everyday the weather allows. I use it to get groceries, to eat, etc. I can drive it to the track with a 20" invo and run 5's in the 1/8th at over 120mph. I can run 9's on the lowest setting, street tires and drive it home.

Anyone that doesn't enjoy something capable of doing that, isn't a real car guy.

Agreed!! Couldn't have said it better myself. :2tu:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing nice about turbo setups is the ability to adjust the boost. Multiple boost settings can be used for your desire or driving situation.

My TT drives more like a stock car now than it did with the S/C.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have my 802rwhp 2000 ACR. Without the Nitrous it drives with easily managable 580-600rwhp on just the Paxton. The 800rwhp is for those thousand dollar bets and vette guys mostly. Nitrous is just for KILL. That being said the Paxton is less than a n/a type of power as it's centrifugal and starts after 3,000rpm.

Now, my TS supercharger GTS has taught me the definition of too much power at 720rwhp. After a few serious lessons I decided that you can have too much power and WOT was extremely dangerous in all 4 gears under 100mph. I didn't feel any urge to hook up the Nitrous that's in my car. ....

Then I bought PS2s! Now I usually have traction in second gear and don't fishtail for hundreds of feet shifting into 3rd. To fix that I have ported the heads, purchased an AEM and will soon be ofering a 2.8L blower. Then, if I still have some traction in second gear, I'll hook up the Nitrous Oxide. I do love a challenge.

The reason I havn't gone to a TT is because they start making power too slowly. The TS makes massive torque at idle. I drive my car in 6th at 50mph and couldn't do that with a TT. 3:55s slowed the car down by requiring an extra shift. And, my Roe TS car gets 20mpg (us). I've driven cross-continent 3 times. I think that for me this GTS is perfect. In a few years this level of performance may bore me and I may go after more, but I am loving the car where it's at right now.

If anyone thinks that they need less power then look at my 2000 ACR because it does drive (without Nitrous) quite similar to a Gen4 and when needed it will got hug torque and 802rwhp on Nitrous Oxide - best of both worlds. ACR, Paxton supercharged NOS = 802rwhp - ViperClub Classifieds

TT cars are nice in that (as stated) optiuonal boost control means that the hp can be turned up as easy as flicking the switch on the Nitrous Bottle opener in my ACR. Dual duty cars are smart ideas. Turn down the power and it's like a TC or ESP program that stops most tire spin, lol.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I havn't gone to a TT is because they start making power too slowly. The TS makes massive torque at idle. I drive my car in 6th at 50mph and couldn't do that with a TT. 3:55s slowed the car down by requiring an extra shift. And, my Roe TS car gets 20mpg (us). I've driven cross-continent 3 times. I think that for me this GTS is perfect. In a few years this level of performance may bore me and I may go after more, but I am loving the car where it's at right now.

Sorry, I just have to call BS on this one. Roe cars can't even compare to a TT. If TT cars made power to slowly, then Roe cars would own 1/8th mile time slips with these cars. They don't. You say that the TS makes too much power down low anyway and that it blows the tires off. So even if your statement were true, then according to your claim, a TT would be far more functional.

Line a Roe car up beside my TT and I'll pillage it at any distance from 0 - _____ feet. Put slicks on a roe car and leave me on street tires, still going to be hard pressed to beat me. Street tire to street tire, it wouldn't even be close. It's not to take anything away from Roe cars or a Paxton car, they are both very impressive. However, to say a TT is anything other than superior to either is just being blind to the facts.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I just have to call BS on this one. Roe cars can't even compare to a TT. If TT cars made power to slowly, then Roe cars would own 1/8th mile time slips with these cars. They don't. You say that the TS makes too much power down low anyway and that it blows the tires off. So even if your statement were true, then according to your claim, a TT would be far more functional.

Line a Roe car up beside my TT and I'll pillage it at any distance from 0 - _____ feet. Put slicks on a roe car and leave me on street tires, still going to be hard pressed to beat me. Street tire to street tire, it wouldn't even be close. It's not to take anything away from Roe cars or a Paxton car, they are both very impressive. However, to say a TT is anything other than superior to either is just being blind to the facts.

I'm going to guess that yours is a drag car? Mine did go 10.5@139mph on PS1s. Now that I've ported the heads and installed PS2s it's much faster than that. Of course since I have no roll cage it doesn't matter.

MY STREET car makes so much torque at 1200rpm with 308s that I don't downshift and the car has double (triple?) the torque of a TT car. Yup, if your car goes faster than 9.7 you'd probably beat me (although I don't have the Nitrous hooked up and am not allowed on a track unless I instal a roll cage I'm not allowed to race faster than 11.5. My wife wouldn't get into a caged carand that would make it kind of useless for a 2,500 trip to SLC and VOI. You going to trailer your car?

You're right simms, my car doesn't drive like a stocker (although my Paxton does) - TO ME - it drives better.

No doubt the TT has much more power potential than the Roe (even the 2.8L) but I see that a CP TTs at 850 went 10.6@140 on DR?

My sc has gotten over 15,000miles per year because it is the nicest car I've ever driven down the highway. I've never broken a tranny, clutch or diff.

Not the fastest, but I never said it was.

Ted

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Ultimate power added is a well built TT, no question. :2tu:

Still like my Roe though, best to just have both...........:D

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MY STREET car makes so much torque at 1200rpm with 308s that I don't downshift and the car has double (triple?) the torque of a TT car. Yup, if your car goes faster than 9.7 you'd probably beat me (although I don't have the Nitrous hooked up and am not allowed on a track unless I instal a roll cage I'm not allowed to race faster than 11.5. My wife wouldn't get into a caged carand that would make it kind of useless for a 2,500 trip to SLC and VOI. You going to trailer your car?

I put over 5k miles on my car last year. I drive my car on any nice day. I drove my car to the track the day I ran 5.80's at 125 in the 1/8th on my 20" nitto invo's on about 15lbs of boost. You can watch the video on you tube. Just because you have the power to run 9.70's, doesn't mean you will. I'd be more than willing to bet you money you would be hard pressed to drive your car to a 9.70 time. You're not going to do that unless you have perfect air conditions and a perfect track. Having a 9.70 car and having a 9.70 driver are two different things. In the drag racing world, nothing is more annoying than someone that ran a certain time, they modify their car to make more power, then automatically claim they can now run a second faster. The difference in running 10.50 vs 9.50 is MUCH harder going from 11.50 to 10.50.

As far as my car being capable, just watch pinks when the Zmax episode comes out. I ran 9.80's on my 20" invo's on 12lbs of boost. That was with a 1.65 (I can cut 1.40's) as I was trying to make the show thinking a high 9 would be the group picked (they choose an 11 second class). It will be on TV as the guy beside he had his hood fly off during the run. My car has seen a trailer 2x. Once for the first time I ever made a 1/4 mile pass in it just to be safe and the other time at zmax. That was ONLY because we had to be there for 2 days and I didn't want to leave the car out in the pits overnight. I don't trailer cars, I drive them.

No doubt the TT has much more power potential than the Roe (even the 2.8L) but I see that a CP TTs at 850 went 10.6@140 on DR?

No offense to CP cars, but I'm talking about an underground car. I've made tons of passes in my car, many in front of board members. During the winter I plan on being the first car to run 8's on a street tire, especially a 20" tire.

The white car I pick up tomorrow should be faster than my blue car. It doesn't have a roll cage, which my blue car does have. I'm confident I can run 9.50's all day on the lowest setting once I get it setup on street tires.

Nothing wrong with any FI setup. But don't bash a TT saying you don't have one only because it doesn't make low end power. If that held any value, then roe cars would be outrunning turbo cars. That isn't happening. I've seen with my own eyes a PAXTON SRT run 8's, something no Roe car hasn't come close to. Nothing wrong with appreciating your own setup, but don't bash another platform to justify yours.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sorry you misunderstood. I don't want a TT car for highway driving. I would love to have a TT car for drags. But as I said not for street driving. My Arrow was an 8 sec car that runs 6 or 7s now (1/4 mile) with a Roots blown brodex engine. But when I had it it was a low 10sec car in street trim. The new guy went drag only. Same car, same cage (I built the car to run 8s.

I wasn't bashing any build. I like modded cars, but I don't want everyone elses car or their mods. To each his own.

Ted

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats why you need all wheel drive:drive:

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that yours is a drag car? Mine did go 10.5@139mph on PS1s. Now that I've ported the heads and installed PS2s it's much faster than that. Of course since I have no roll cage it doesn't matter.

You're right simms, my car doesn't drive like a stocker (although my Paxton does) - TO ME - it drives better.

My sc has gotten over 15,000miles per year because it is the nicest car I've ever driven down the highway. I've never broken a tranny, clutch or diff.

Not the fastest, but I never said it was.

Ted

Ted,

Did you drive your Viper to a 10.5 pass, or was that a pass someone else made in your car?

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I run a 1k rwhp Paxton SRT and it drives like a stock car when driving normal. Everything is controled by the right foot. Easy to drive. I also have driven TT cars and they are also easy. The Roe car was not as stock feeling but still controlled by the right foot. Just take the time to learn the car and all will be good.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a 1k rwhp Paxton SRT and it drives like a stock car when driving normal. Everything is controled by the right foot. Easy to drive. I also have driven TT cars and they are also easy. The Roe car was not as stock feeling but still controlled by the right foot. Just take the time to learn the car and all will be good.

this is a wise man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang