roll bar for the GTS

dave1123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for the best fit and look for a roll bar in a '96 GTS. Iwant to have it painted blue with the white stripes to match the car. I know there are several companies that make them, but want to get some feedback and pictures on which ones work the best. I'm not looking for a full roll cage, just the bar and five point harnesses for both driver and passenger. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Dave

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I had Archer racing in ft. worth install mine and what a great NEAT job they did. They got it from Autoform, powder coated it, and then painted it black. If you paint the bar with stripes, etc., you cant see it anyway. Good luck finding an installer that wont damage the interior while pulling out seats and doing the install.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you just want 5 pts. , the car already has the mounting provisions under the carpet/seat. All you would need is the correct belts/bolts. Call Jon-B

OP
OP
D

dave1123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help. the autoform one looks like a good fit. thanks

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning to add a roll bar on my '96 as well. I want to tech higher than 165 for the next Silver State Classic. I'll have to read the rules to see what specs they require. I know there is one company that makes one with a removable side bar for daily driving. I would like to see installed pictures if anyone has them.

Bob K

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a BTR - only complaint is that my manual door openers will not work...the bar stops them from comming all the way down. I guess i will have to dremel them down shorter