RSI new best [email protected]

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from River City Raceway. I ran the RSI car three passes. On the first pass, I got a 1.44 60ft but when I shifted into third and hit the second stage, the car started to go left real hard and I almost crossed the center line, so I lifted got it straight,got back into it and ran a 9.54@147. Second pass we had some issues with the second stage again. Third pass I ran only on the first stage and managed a [email protected]. We are going to take off the second stage all together and do some more tuning on it. I think there is a 9.3 in it. Just wanted to thank the guys at RSI for let me drive their fast Co. car.
smile.gif

SW

You must be registered for see images

S

SUN RA KAT

Once again, another example of Yellow Vipers being the fastest.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! Conditions will continue to improve into winter as the air temps drop, and I expect you will be seeing 9.3x @ 153+ once all the stars align.

OP
OP
S

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr E:
You red-lighted on that run, though . . .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look again, the guy on the left red lighted first..So I won.
smile.gif

SW

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
95 VETTE ZR1 LPE TT 03 850 R.W.H.P. FASTER THAN ANY TT VENOM 9.5@150 MPH....WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

... Apparently RSI's Creampuff Viper with SW driving - GO YELLOW!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Great numbers! Who or what is RSI?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope your kidding Steve but if not check out there site at www.racingsolutionsinc.com

The site does not do the shop justice. You have to see this place in person to see how nice this business is.

Great work guys!!

hail[1].gif

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:

I hope your kidding Steve but if not check out there site at www.racingsolutionsinc.com

The site does not do the shop justice. You have to see this place in person to see how nice this business is.

Great work guys!!

hail[1].gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just looked at the site.
Very nice looking facility.
Congrats RSI and SW for a job well done.

Sean

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
01GTS, on a direct port system a 35/ 20 setting would be 50 RWHP per cylinder. Total of a 500 shot.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Albert. I've been working a lot so I haven't been able to hang with the **** too much. But are you saying that they're spraying a 500 SHOT!!! Isn't that impossible? Please explain.

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** ! That is **** fast! 6.1@115 in the 1/8th... I bet that is a fun ride.

Why pull off the second stage? Plan on pushing the car any further?

Congrats and keep it up!

Scott W

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Don't know what RSI is spraying. Maybe they will chime in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard from a very reliable source it's less than 300, right around 270 I believe. Scary, huh?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome runs guys!!
It seems like it's never enough with you guys. You're always trying to go faster & faster & faster. <u>And you're not only trying but you're actually going faster & faster & faster.</u> That's what makes it so amazing! Gerald & Jason.......ya'll seem to be a winning combination! Congradulations guys!!!! ENJOY! I heard your bays are already beyond full! Great Job!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedGTS:
I heard from a very reliable source it's less than 300, right around 270 I believe. Scary, huh?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what's more AMAZING than that!!! I just got news a few seconds ago, from an even more reliable source, that it's even way less than that!!! Waaaaay less!!

THIS JUST IN! <u>RSI doesn't even come close to a 300 shot!</u> Or a 250 or a 270! WOW!! These guys are for real! I won't say what it is, but it's practically nothing!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, since I stay stock I usually only hear and read about issues that are not about tuners. I had not heard of that company, but those numbers are amazing and it's always great to see people HAPPY with a tuner rather than the other option.

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys.. This is BS.. Let's think about a few things.

First off, there is NOTHING wrong with pushing the capabilities of the viper. In fact, it's great! Someone has to try 20lbs of boost, HUGE turbos and BIG shots of nitrous. That is what pushes the envelope and makes high performance parts for everyone's cars. Lingenfelter's TT427 C5 is on the ragged edge and it's FAST as hell! AND THEY WILL TELL YOU IT'S ON THE EDGE! It would only take away from the credit of their customers to present this extreme corvette is a mild stage one vette that is otherwise stock.

It has taken awhile to get the viper to mid nines - and it didn't happen with a shot that was "almost nothing". I won't take away any credit from RSI in the accomplishment of a 9.45@152, but I will cry BS when everyone gets snowed about the facts.

Let's consider a ~725-750rw nitrous car good for approx 142-144mph. Now let's look at the HP monsters pushing 800-900rw that run ~150mph. (HMS's TT viper, DLM's personal car w/1000+hp) Let's throw on a couple extra ponies to get to 151-152mph and give RSI a conservative 900-1000rwhp.

From a 506ci motor that must have lower compression to handle all that gas, we can expect ~575rwhp. We can give or take a few but the math says:

900-1000rw minus ~575rw = 325-425rw SHOT OF NITROUS. That is 375-490HP SHOT of NOS at the crank.

PLEASE!! Take credit for what you have accomplished.. You have the fastest viper on the planet.. But don't try and sell this crap about a small shot. It's worse than the "stock viper" with roller rockers, exhaust, TB's and intake.

Respectfully up to my knees in BS,
Scott W

Reaction score
I remember back in 99 when a 530 RWHP - 560 RWHP heads cam car could spray a 150 shot and run 138 MPH. A 200 shot would get you 142, a 250 shot would bring 144-145 on its best day. Now the bar has been raised, and so has the nitrous.

RSI has the fastest time out there period. That is a no brainer. But there is alot of gas on the car also. The only way to clear this up is if they get on the net and post. No big deal, the car they run is in the unlimited class. Doesn't matter how much gas is on the car.

I know others like BTR Tom can tell you what it takes to run a 9 second pass at a low 140. Its not a 50 shot.

Hope this clears the BS in the air.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullet488:

From a 506ci motor that must have lower compression to handle all that gas

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought NOS liked High compression motors, and that u dont need to lower compression while using NOS.
I could be wrong.

Either way, great run SW.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RSI..... DOES THAT STAND FOR REAL SECRET INFORMATION OR WHAT?YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME BUT U CAN FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME....... A 9.45 @ 151 EQUALS AROUND A 300- 400 SHOT OF SPRAY AND AROUND 900 R.W.H.P. IN MY BOOK.WHAT ABOUT IT SOME OF U NITROUS EXPERTS CARE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.ALBERT AND A FEW OTHERS ALREADY DID.HEY D.L.,BTR,ETC CARE TO STEP UP TO THE BAR AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AS TO HOW MUCH NITROUS IT TAKES TO RUN A 9.45 AT 151.DRINKS ARE ON ME!MEMO TO AQUARIUM BOY IT AINT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS AND SHES A LONG WAY OFF FROM SINGING.NORM KOERNER-W.Y.D.
laugh.gif
bounce.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

First.........hell of a run!!

Concerning nitrous, I can only speak for what we have been doing at our camp. My real numbers that produce high 9 second times in the 142-144 mph range are as follows;

488 c.i. Stock bottom end, headwork, big valves, roller rockers, a nitrous tuned camshaft and a total of 260 RWHP worth of nitrous in two stages (for traction). NO big throttle bodies or ported intake. I feel that our combination runs good at the track because we make alot of torque..as much torque as some cars making 200 more RWHP. More power from our combination is certainly available but possibly at the expense of reliability and drivability, neither of which are items that I want to give away on my Viper.

I belive that the RSI car is a stroker which really helps with nitrous.

In any event, there are many variables to running a nitrous car and everyone who offers it for Vipers has a valid and sucessful product. All of them offer proven results. It boils down to the matter of the age old computation involving dollars, horsepower and reliability. In my opinion, a stroker engine with nitrous makes for the most potent drag racing combination available.

Again, great run.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking 138 trap on motor and 152 on spray the difference is 14 MPH which by my calculations equals 220-240 rwhp shot
dunno.gif
you cannot defy the laws of physics
supergrin.gif
It would be nice to have some dyno graphs and more info, but apparently these guys don't like to toot their own horn.

Reaction score
Not saying that it can't be done, I dont think we will see 138 on motor for a long time. The most I have seen is 136. Most cars with heads cam or strokers is 129- 133 mph.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the 250-400 shot camp. This is just physics, and assuming the RSI car hasn't been stripped or otherwise lightened, it takes about 900 RWHP to trap over 150 MPH. I would guess a really good 510ci stroker motor makes at most 620 RWHP, so the rest is gas.

Mind you, none of this detracts in the slightest from RSI or SW's driving. RSI's clearly got a great package, and I may end up copying (i.e. buying) their suspension/gearing package if I continue to persue my goal of 9's without N2O.

As for my own car, it runs 150+ mph on a fairly small shot of gas, but then again it's making a decent amount of power even without the bottle
wink.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper