RT/10 "FIX" for leaks...

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT/10 \"FIX\" for leaks...

Hello all fellow RT/10 owners!!...After seeing all of the RT/10's that had about an 1" of water in their floor boards this weekend in Nashville, and after "PROVING" that the majority of the water wasn't coming from their tops/windows (it comes through the gap in the door molding where it meets our hood) I've decided to put together a rubber molding kit that will eliminate this problem. My '94 sat out in parking lot that first night with all of the others and I didn't have a drop of water in my car, I also drove 11 hours in the rain to get there with only minimal leakage (mainly dripping down over my speaker in the door). Give me time to post some pictures and order the rubber molding, you guys and gals will be Very Happy!!...I expect the cost of this package to be around $500.00.....Just kidding how about $5.00... I'll get back with you.....

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: RT/10 \"FIX\" for leaks...

Hey Biff,
saw your set up at VOI, looked great. Keep us informed, I'll take one.

Mike

OP
OP
B

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry for the delay in getting back with everyone, but I just received the rubber moldings. I figure a total of $10.00 (includes shipping) should cover my cost. You will have to go to your local hobby shop and purchase a small bottle of "Insta-cure" glue and as a precaution a small bottle of "Un-cure" which will remove any excess glue. I've got pictures that show a before and after shot, e-mail me if you'd like to see what needs to be done. Thanks for the kind words from everyone, it was nice meeting you all.

OP
OP
B

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I forgot to mention that the only way to FULLY WATERPROOF the cockpit of a parked RT/10 in a heavy downpour is to use the Grey Mopar "Cockpit Cover". I believe they cost approx. $89.00, so for $100.00 or so you won't "GET WET"....

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The cocpit cover is no longer made by mopar...nor was it water proof
frown.gif

HOWEVER...

I am releasing our own version of the cocpit cover which is better than the mopar original. Expect a product announcement soon.

MM

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hopefully when you all go to sell your rides you will not lie and say "has never seen rain or water"

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've never understood why a person doesn't drive their car in the rain.. It's only water.... And when I see an ad that says "Never driven in rain".... hhahaha

Gerald

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I spoke to you in nashville (i purchased the car from the MD cop). are these the kidney bean shaped pieces we talked about? I also need the velcro for the windsheild pillars. Thanks for being so helpful. Your windows are the very BEST!

Anyone still using the "zipper Jeep windows" is crazy. Do yourself a huge favor and buy biffs windows!!

These windows make your gen1 as tight as a gen 2.

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Biff,

Go ahead and send a set with my windows when you ship them up to Canada. Even with the exchange on the Canadian Peso the $10.00 US is a deal.

Thanks

Tim

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Biff,

Go ahead and send a set with my windows when you ship them up to Canada. Even with the exchange on the Canadian Peso the $10.00 US is a deal.

Thanks

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang