RT/10 hard top question....

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the owners manual for hard top removal instructions on a 2001 RT10 and it show a "tool" used to unlatch the front latches. Cannot find any tool in the car. The picture in the manual is not very good but it looks like a long allen wrench. If it is, does anyone know the size? If not what is it?

Thanks,
Steve

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure of the size but assuming you checked the glove box I'm guessing you didn't get one. No matter, after installing and removing the top a few times you will no longer need it.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found mine in the owner's manual. You might check the pockets on the back of your seats. I only used it a few times...now I just use my fingers, but any allen wrench will work..it's just used as a leverage tool.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can substitute just about anything for it. But then again, once you pull it off, why would you ever put it back on? *grins*

OP
OP
S

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I am cleaning up this 2001 for a local senior center that had it donated to them. Had a '97 and '02 both GTSs so I have never even seen the inside of the RT. The car has 5,200 miles on it and I do not think the top has ever been off.

They are going to sell 100 chances at $1,000 each for the Viper. I will be storing it until the drawing.

Steve

OP
OP
S

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do Jim.

I hope to have all the info and some pictures of the car by Monday. I will start a new topic with all the info.