RT10 Rear Window Seal

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rubber seal that goes around the rear window on my RT10 is in bad shape (cracking, tearing, etc.). :(

I went to the Dealer, and they told me I had to buy a whole new rear window, JUST to get the rubber seal!!! :rolleyes: That equates to roughly a $450 rubber seal since my glass is in perfect condition. :mad:

Does anyone know where I can obtain just the rubber seal??? Maybe someone in the aftermarket world sells just the seal? :confused:

PLEASE help!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search here. I remember reading recently about some creative solutions that people used to replace the seal.

-Dean.

frankie s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have same problem w/my99 rt/10 I will check w/local auto glass shop for o.e.m. gasket--if you get any info please forward. thanks

OP
OP
T

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe JonB (PartsRack) or another Viper parts house will recognize a REAL need here!!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to recall V10 Mojo (is that his name here too?) checking into it and doing something about it...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry ViperJoe - didn't mean for you to get your ******* in a ***!!

As noted by SlaughterJ, we still do not have a solution!!

I am merely trying to run another thread with hopes that someone has tried something that works, or maybe a Viper Parts House that has picked up on this requirement.

Again, this is a REAL need for those of us who have RT10's that are no longer under warranty.

Apparently NO ONE has had any success with this rubber replacement. (???)

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted the company whose name was posted, I think it was trimlok, and they are willing to send a sample...I have not idea how soft or hard 60 durometer neopreme is, this is the material they have...They only sell it in 500' min, so we will need to be sure its right...They do have distributors of course, where one might get shorter lengths...

I will advise when I get the samples via mail...

Tomer

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE A CONNECTION!!!

a friend of mine works for safelite glass. i am not sure how many i can get, but i got one a few months ago and he got it for me for $300. not exactly cheap, but cheapER. if i can help any of you out, let me know and i will do my best to get a few. please keep in mind i am not sure how many he can get, so first come first serve.

ryan

OP
OP
T

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I contacted the company whose name was posted, I think it was trimlok, and they are willing to send a sample...I have not idea how soft or hard 60 durometer neopreme is, this is the material they have...They only sell it in 500' min, so we will need to be sure its right...They do have distributors of course, where one might get shorter lengths...

I will advise when I get the samples via mail...

Tomer

Good news Tomer!! :2tu: Hopefully this pans out!!
In addition to me, there are many others who will anxiously await your update. Thanx in advance for your effort!!

OP
OP
T

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I HAVE A CONNECTION!!!

a friend of mine works for safelite glass. i am not sure how many i can get, but i got one a few months ago and he got it for me for $300. not exactly cheap, but cheapER. if i can help any of you out, let me know and i will do my best to get a few. please keep in mind i am not sure how many he can get, so first come first serve.

ryan

Thanx for the info and offer Ryan. $300 bucks is pretty steep. :shocked: Does this seal have the same profile and size as the original seal? Does your window fit into its location properly after you installed the new seal?

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for $300 you get the seal, window, tabs and buttons( for a GEN I). it is complete and factory. safelite is who makes the window for dodge, if you look on your oem window, it should have the safelite logo i believe in the lower left corner.

ryan

OP
OP
T

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan - Thanx much for the clarification!!
That is not at all a bad deal IF I end up having to buy the whole enchilada.
If SafeLite makes the whole assembly, why would they not be able to sell just the seal by itself? I would think that they could post within the Viper community and get some decent biz on this seal??

Free

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same problem.

Went ahead and got the OEM replacement Window.

Ur right, it was about 450 bucks.

At least is is still OEM. :)

frankie s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to my local glass shop and found rubber seal almost identical,however there will be one seam where you connect ends. go to www.gggcorp.com for info. I picked up at Dunellen auto glass here in NJ (732)752-5740 talk to Billy

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same problem.

Went ahead and got the OEM replacement Window.

Ur right, it was about 450 bucks.

At least is is still OEM. :)
Wish I had known that at the time.
same results with mine :confused:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are still covered under the original factory warranty... then it should be covered..

If you are covered under and extended care warranty I think it depends on which level service contract..........

I could not get mine replaced under the Added Care extended warranty.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not run into this problem, but you guys must be kidding me. Anyone ever hear of McMaster Carr, based out of New Jersey? I just took a quick look through the catologue. There is about 20 pages on weatherstripping. There is no way I would pay 200, 300, or even 100 for s strip of rubber. Check out the website @ www.mcmaster.com, or call them up at 732-329-3200 and look into the options. If I had half a brain, and wanted to spend the time, I'd do it myself and sell the product to all you guys. At worst case, get a strip of silicone, split it halfway down the center on an angle and fit it over the glass.

Mine is okay, but when the time comes, I'll do it and then post the answer.

Andrew

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are still covered under the original factory warranty... then it should be covered..

If you are covered under and extended care warranty I think it depends on which level service contract..........

I could not get mine replaced under the Added Care extended warranty.

Thanks. I am still covered by the original factory warranty and I recieve excellent service from my local Dodge dealership. I will have them take a look at it the next time I am there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper