Rubber weatherstripping care...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best thing to use to clean, care and protect rubber weatherstripping? I have a lot on my Gen 1 Viper because I have a 3 piece trunk top, removable glass windows, etc. I just want something to protect and keep it from drying out and/or disintegrating. Thanks to all who can offer some advise. :)
GTD

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dielectric grease used it for 10 years on my '95 with out a problem

Do a google search....

a lot of people have used this product from NAPA too.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you apply it and does it contain any silicone?

Rub it on with your finger....It contains silcone thats what keeps the weather out. I used it for 10 years no problems. Keeps rubber nice and soft....

I don't know why everyone is so weird about silicone...... You just don't want it on body panels if you are going to repaint them. Silicone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rolleyes:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always used vasoline ($2 at any dollar store) and my seals always stay nice and soft and seem to form to the glass and top for a leak free seal:2tu:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Zaino Z16 since it has a lot of good rubber preservatives in it and it does not make a mess of your windows like most of the tubes of stuff they sell for weatherstripping. I bought some stuff that is supposed to be the best on the market and it was like mega expensive for a little tiny tube but it makes a mess of my windows every time I put them up or down or even close the door. I wiped as much of it as I could off and it still took a while before it stopped smearing my windows. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen