Run in with GT3

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, awesome and very fast car. :2tu: We couldn't get lined up at any lights but I was really impressed. It seemed that he could pull me in 4th. ( I don't have any real skills as a driver.) That car has some serious top end.
What can they run at the strip??

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 GT3

3.6L flat6
219 ci
redline @8200 rpm
381hp @7300 rpm (not to the wheels)
torque 285 @5000 rpm (too low of torque)
0-60 in 4.3 seconds
0-100 in 9.4
0-120 in 14.2 (takes almost 5 seconds for 100-120 see not enough tq)
1/4 mile @ 12.4 seconds @ 113 mph (not bad)
24 valve DOHC
curb weight 3043 (pretty light)
top speed is 190 mph
15mpg city 23mpg highway
$100,000 base price

they are also releasing a turbo edition but not in the usa

personally I think you could have taken him

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*$99,900 Base Price. LOL! Just messing with ya.

They are some great cars. I was with two GT2's this past weekend and boy are THOSE fast. All I can say is wow. We had a bunch of fun for tens of miles. :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are nice but I would still perfer a viper, F355 im sure you could have smoked them at any time lol

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! I was not going very fast since I was scared of cops even though I have a radar. New method is not turning on the radar till you pass the cops so I said it was not worth it. Just do little speed ups. LOTS OF FUN STILL!

Doug GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a GT3. I had previously owned a 2000 Viper GTS. Very different cars. The GT3 is an amazing car, as is the Viper. Both awesome. Lack of garage space and funds or I would love to have them both. Several magazines show the GT3 running 3.9 seconds 0-60.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, the GT3 is one of the best cars out there. Although it is a bit more costly than the viper, I would highly consider it if choosing between the two today.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still amazing that a 9 year old Viper can hang with brand new, state of the art, special edition racing porsche. No telling what mods he had.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are also releasing a turbo edition but not in the usa

Where did you hear this? The GT2 is 'basically' the Turbo version or the GT3, and that is available in the US. Do you have any facts on a GT3 Turbo or links?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had a link earlier on a turbo GT3 had 454 hp or something sorry i lost the link

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw an electric blue gt3 here in Cincinnati a few days ago in the Mason area and it was VERY nice looking ride. I would put one of those on my list...right under a 360 Strada but not above my ACR.

signed,

Vipers rule. :2tu:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still pick the viper over the porsche. My style of car.
489726110-1083a_IMG-med.jpg

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still amazing that a 9 year old Viper can hang with brand new, state of the art, special edition racing porsche. No telling what mods he had.

Maybe hang on acceleration, but the gt3 will eat its lunch when braking.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more then likely i am but i mean on the street do you really race someone and say "lets see who can stop better" i have yet to hear that one

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure you guys will think I am biased but I believe bang for the buck the Viper wins hands down. I also believe the GT3 is a all around car in my opinion. If they would be more affordable I would buy one in a hearbeat but for 120k or whatever the GT3 costs it better stop like a race car. My buddy has a red one and when we go to car shows most people think its just a Porsche with aftermarket spoilers...Unless you know cars and can appreciate it. On the other hand, I dont have to say a word and people gawk all over my stock GTS for half the price....Just my .02

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more then likely i am but i mean on the street do you really race someone and say "lets see who can stop better" i have yet to hear that one
Good point. Guys who bring up braking have tiny motors. :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brakes just slow you down!

OK...OK..."It's still amazing that a 9 year old Viper, with Stop Tech brakes, can hang with brand new, state of the art, special edition racing porsche." No telling what mods he had.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a porsche and love it. But, in my OPINION, the new porsche's have become drivers cars. In other words they are now the type of car that anyone can jump in and drive. The old porsches, I have one as well, was in no way built so anyone could drive it. It was a true sports car. Sure, anyone can jump in it and drive it if they want, but it is a beast to get to learn how to drive and not very comfy. The Viper on the other hand in my OPINION is not a drivers car. It was built for people that want that race car feel. It is not easy to get into and out; it rattles a bit, it's loud, has somewhat stiff suspension; and people look at you when you drive it. No one looks at the new porsche's unless they know what to look for. My girlfriend has no clue what the difference is between a 996 and the turbo model-I do. But she sure as hell can tell that "there's another viper".
That's my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it! :)

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably no mods, admit it it is a fine piece of work that goes like stink & stops & handles & looks fantastick, sort of like a Viper coupe,..... oh thats right they dont make one anymore.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given even money (which it isn't) Would you rather have a GT3 or a Srt/Street Coupe!?
You already know where my money is going.
Com'on DODGE... How about a STREET COUPE.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI - The SRT brakes BETTER than the Porsche GT3.

Basically beats it in every performance stat, if you want to compare current to current. I do really like the GT3, though. One of the few new cars I really dig, and would consider owning... And the quality is INCREDIBLE! Blows the Viper away in the category, along with a few others (customer service, paint, fit&finish, interior, stock exhaust sound). On the track (road course) they would be close and it would probably come down to the better driver, but on the street the SRT10 probably has an advantage.

*Now if only a Gen III coupe would be produced.

Doug GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have run both a Viper GTS and my GT3 on a road course. The GT3 is faster, it pulls just as hard, handles better and brakes waaay better. The fit and finish of the Porsche is truly amazing. Trust me, the GT3 is a drivers car. By the way it gets 26 MPG on the highway.