Sat. night 1300 Hayabusa kills

Reaction score
Went out as ususl, and ran the normal camaros on spray. Then went to a local bike hang out. Went and ran a 1300 hayabusa bike with some air box. Went from a 40 mph punch. The bike was next to us at the jump, but that was it. 3 times same result. Got the bike everytime by about a car to two car lengths. That was with the top off, would like to see with the top on. I used both stages of gas on the jump. Not bad for a smack talking texan.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLS,

Why not do a search on some of Albert's posts.
He is without a doubt one of the legendary Viper Street Racers!

What did you run last time at the track Albert? 9.90 @ 142?

Albert,

I have had three runs against the 1300R. I have not had a problem with them. You say you sprayed - Did you really feel you needed to? I wonder how much quicker he was than stock with the modified air intake. I guess maybe the difference is that your race was probably set up and agreed to before it began, where as mine was - See the bike, line up, rev at him, and then stomp the loud pedal.

Glad to know you smoked em!

Regards,

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
I have a 99 RT10, normal top end job with gas. I wish I had the video camera last night. We went out not even thinking we were going to race. I even had the top off. It was a big night with Hennessey, Mark H, Prashant, and Darth Vedder. Plus many others. I dont think I could have beat the bike without the gas. I have raced on on motor before from a dead stop and he got me by a car and a half. But I normally win with the gas. There is a guy in town that has a ZX12 that I have not been able to beat yet.(highly modified) I will see if I can find him next weekend. Even if I lose I want to know.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FastFreddie-

No, I do not run in the nines. I do not have the Spray. Although I have been considering it. However, I have yet to stumble across the machine, 2 or 4 wheeled, that has given me the spanking that I probably deserve.

I do my best to ensure that I have the best chance possible when I race bikes. I always try to make sure I am around 4k in 3rd gear from a highway roll. Then, I always shut down at the limiter in 4th. So, I generally run bikes from 70 to 135. Short but sweet.
Honestly, the bikes have no clue what just hit em! At least I understand that I beat the rider and not necessarily the bike.
All that talk about being in the wrong gear or whatever is just talk. If a guy in a Vetter pulled up next to me, I would not risk leaving it in 4th gear at 80.

I have over answered your question. But from experience - you do not need a nine second car to beat a nine secong bike from a roll. I am 100% certain that the riders on these bikes were not able to run Nines on their Busas!

Regards,

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JPickell -

Thanks for the props, I am a nice guy!!!!!

I know the bikes are faster than my car! It is all in fun. I just try to put my self in the absolute best situtation possible. That is why I go from a 70 roll. Also all three of my Busa encounters were on the highway at daytime. And, in the first one, I pulled the guy, we pull off at the next exit and he said he was in the wrong gear. So we go again from 70... Similar result. I still pulled him. NOT BY AS MUCH.

To be clear, I meant that the guys I raced, were not able to run their bikes into the nines. Or, I would have lost!

Take care and enjoy the Walser Supra!

Regards,

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of you in one place???????

Albert and Hennessey, Mark H, Prashant, and Darth Vedder

Golly Gee Batman!!

Maybe you should form a gang or something.

How 'bout The Wild Bunch!

Hell, when that group gets together, they could charge admission!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS