Scissor Lifts

NapaRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking about purchasing a mid-rise scissor lift for ease of service and detailing etc. I'm considering either the Mohawk HR6 or the Eagle PAD-6000W. Anybody out there with any experience or recomendations would be a great help in getting me off my *** and making a decision. Thanks, Ken.

OP
OP
N

NapaRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Ceiling height and garage door tracks are in conflict. I'd
really like a 4 poster but space is a problem. Mid-rise does
get the car 36"-48" off the ground. (Guess it would be great for midgets though.)

Ken

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken,
I am in the same situation, (low ceiling, garage door interference) that you are and am curious on what you find out...keep us posted.
Cheers,

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly a scissor lift, but Kwik Lift makes a pretty versatile one. Not too expensive either.
www.kwiklift.com

One of the guys on here, Dale Craig, has one. Do a search for his name and click on his email and ask how he likes it.

OP
OP
N

NapaRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott

Take a look at the Mohawk Lift, let me know what you think.
http://www.mohawklifts.com/scis.htm

I've got a request into them for additional info. (Lowered height, drive over clearance, price delivered etc.) This one
is looking pretty good to me. Adjustable for various vehicles,
get all 4 wheels off the car at once etc. Plus it's 110v so there's no special electrical requirements.

Ken

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 Vipers stacked on a 4 post Double Park in my 9'-3" ceiling height garage. If you move the door up (I did both), you can get 53" of clearance under the top car.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Frank,
You can stack 2 vipers under a 9 3 ceiling with the garage door opened?
That would work for me I think....
How much extra room is there.?. .
I would be parking a "taller" car under the rt/10 (Plymouth Road Runner, or VW Beetle) Do you think one would fit?
Cheers,

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">
The link below is to the site of the scissor I bought.
</FONT f>

Nussbaum Scissor Lifts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pray tell, where is the dealer, how does one get in touch with him/her, and if so inclined how much does it set one back?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey bad byte!!!
We need to get a few "909" Vipers out as a group...I noticed you are in Riverside, I am in Ontario,
"Inland Empire" snakes rule :)
Cheers,

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">For anyone interested in learning more about the Nussbaum, I'll post this weekend a link to a PDF of the complete installation and user manual, details of my own installation with photos, name and phone number of the US National Sales Manager and the negotiated VCA member price.

I don't mean to prolong this, but I need to finalize the discount pricing and shipping costs before I post.

This isn't the cheapest way to get a car in the air, but is the most unobtrusive lift I've ever seen. 4 inches thick when down, 6 foot 7 inches at full height, 7,000 pound capacity.

It's perfect for someone:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>With standard construction concrete floor (as opposed to extra thick and / or high strength concrete, which is required for many 2 post lifts)
<LI>Not a lot of garage width available (where in my case a 2 post installation would have resulted two cars having difficulty opening the doors)
<LI>Where you want wheels free and undercarriage open for all types of maintenance
<LI> True commercial grade quality and construction, (German designed and built, by a company that's been building lifts since 1975, CE / TUV certified)

[/list]

Not to sound like a salesman for the company, but I researched this quite a bit before choosing this particular lift and have since become friends with the US rep. Happy to help him and at the same time my fellow VCA members.

</FONT f>

surface mount Nussbaum Jumbo double scissor
You must be registered for see images

A very interesting 4 post

A fully automated Nussbaum parking garage

A 2 post non-hydraulic lift (twin motor and screws)

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Not to diminish the issue of ceiling height, but if you are planning on working under the car (clutch, trans, etc.) rather than just wheel work, you might want to consider a full height scissor instead as most mid-rise lifts have central structure that impedes mid car access somewhat.

Even if you raise the car, jackstand it and then lower the lift, the mid-rise's collapsed section can become a somewhat uncomfortable obstruction, though admittedly it's workable if you have to.

The bonus is that if you move someday, you can take the scissor with you to hopefully a higher ceiling'd garage.

On the garage door issue, I just had mine raised for $375. Included a new section, extra track and lifting the opener. One guy handled it and after watching him, I could have done it myself, though it would have taken me twice as long. In addition, Lowes offers a garage door opener that mounts to the spring rod above the door header which eliminates the normal opener's ceiling obstruction giving you even more clearance, assuming you have that type of spring mechanism.

Lastly, a good friend and fellow VCA member who also has a ceiling height issue purchased (in addition to his mid-rise lift) a very nice modified 4 post lift that works great within the limitations of his quite tight garage. I'm sure he'll offer some input also.

Bottom line, don't rule anything out yet. You'd be surprised at how many option are out there.

The link below is to the site of the scissor I bought.
</FONT f>

Nussbaum Scissor Lifts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang