Screws loose

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone check the screws under the rocker panel under the exhaust I was spring cleaning and noticed two screws missing under the exhaust rocker panel and others loose,and loose screws around the wheel wells Anyone know if the screws holding the rocker panel have to be ordered from Dodge or is a local hardware store item Thanks for the reponses in advance

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone check the screws under the rocker panel under the exhaust I was spring cleaning and noticed two screws missing under the exhaust rocker panel and others loose,and loose screws around the wheel wells Anyone know if the screws holding the rocker panel have to be ordered from Dodge or is a local hardware store item Thanks for the reponses in advance

I would take one of the remaining ones too a good hardware store and buy some matching stainless steel screws, I had a similiar problem on my 02, but that was from removing them to change exhaust...just went with a slightly larger size. I will have to crawl under my 06 and take a look

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take one of the remaining ones too a good hardware store and buy some matching stainless steel screws, I had a similiar problem on my 02, but that was from removing them to change exhaust...just went with a slightly larger size. I will have to crawl under my 06 and take a look

Mine were all loose and or missing too. I think Ill try some RTV as a thread locker.

Flash

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use RTV as Flash said. It does the job and I haven't lost a screw or bolt from the side sills since.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a common problem after you have removed the side sills a few times. It seems to be caused by the use of an air ratchet when removing and reinstalling the screws. I would not recommend using an air tool but instead a 1/4" drive ratchet. I have also gone the RTV route and have also installed the proper size metric threaded inserts into the sheet metal from underneath the car.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did my Corsa install I couldn't believe the variance in torque on the various fastners from the skid plate, exhaust clamps, sill screws etc. No two screws or bolts seemed to have the same torque.

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am still shocked that DCX used self tapping screws to fasten the under side of the sill. I pulled my sills of and installed rivnuts in all the holes and never had an issue again. My original screws fell out within 1000 miles of being new.

OP
OP
N

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never removed the sills so the screws loosend from factory install What is RTV? Maybe I will change the exhaust to corsa now

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing the amount of loose screws and bolts under my viper 3 missing pan screws, sill screws missing. I was really surprised to see it like that. Underbody inspection is now a standard procedure at my Viper Lab.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those screws might not be lost! Check your rear tires, they usually end up there.

I had a non run flat tire go flat from just that and had to have the viper flat bedded back to my shop where I plugged it. I use a NAPA mushroom style plugging gun that costs $50.00. The mushroom heads goes into the tire and expands inside when you pull the plus outward. here is the part number.

710-1637​
FLAT TIRE REPAIR KIT​

Reaction score
If you drive at all on a runflat that is down you should NEVER reuse the tire. They are made to get you to a service area not be repaired and reused. If you find it flat and don't drive on it this is fine but the heat from driving will ruin the tire almost instantly as far as repairing goes.

Just food for thought,

Mark Jorgensen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson