Sean Roe . . .How could you do this to me!!

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with all of the ?? regarding the roe sc I thought I'd chime in:

Problem #1
I solved my traction problems with kuhmo tires allowing me with 4500 rpm launches and no loss of traction. Tonight on a 2nd gear roll on at 3,000 rpm tire tires started spinning because of the extra power from the sc . . .so Sean ...how you gonna fix my problem of spinng tires??
smile.gif

Problem #2
Some people at the car shows for other makes ( like mustangs) are upset with my showing the viper there with the hood up. It seems like it detracts from the rest of their cars. Comments like "Check out the viper . . omigod . .thats sick . . look it's got a blower" and "Check out the blower . .they did a real trick job with it. It must be custom made!"
So Sean, how do I make amends to these folks?

Problem #3
It will be too fast at the track thus Sean is forcing me to have to spend big $$ on a roll bar and 5 point harnesses. I was already on the edge of getting booted at 11.7, but now there is no way I will get past the first run with the sc. So Sean, thanks alot . .like I'm made of money or something??

In all seriousnous I have seen a little bit of aprehension and even a bit of "Roe bashing" since he shipped the first blowers out. I was one of the first 4 people to get theirs. I was in a unique situation of having crappy california gas. A few people were getting some detonation. After a few issues were resolved i am running 93 octane with NO detonation while using the VEC one. I will be testing the 91 octane over the next few weeks.
Honestly I expect a few more little things to pop up here and there in the future as weather changes from cool back to hot in summer, but nothing that can't be resolved. .I have learned that almost everyone who has a blower has a few tuning issues . .it's the nature of SC a car

I just wanted to say that for those that were in question about getting the Roe sc, don't hesitate. The power is awesome. I remember how excited I felt when I first put on the nitrous on my 97gts and the exhilaration (aka acceleration) of the 150 to 200 shot. Well the sc running on the streets and freeway is just the same . . only over and over..
supergrin.gif

There have been a few niggling problems of some detonation on the first few cars including mine and I saw some people using these as a way to discredit Sean and/or his sc. To me it's hitting below the belt. Sean was the first to actually produce and distribute a DIY kit. Others talked about it but are still in the beginning stages.
Honestly I admit that I did expect that I would bolt it on and just go. But I have learned a lot more and realize Sean was taking a big leap in producing a DIY since there are so many variables. Sean admits he has learned a lot too.

Hear is the bottom line IMHO. Yes the kit wasn't bolt on and go like we all expected ( at least not the first few kits) A little tweaking and revisions were learned that Sean will be including in all his future kits will probably make it the true bolt on kit.

I was a little disapointed at first when I had a few problems, not all of which were related to the sc kit. I didn't get too bummed out because Sean was always there for me. I knew that it would get all get resolved.

Sean called me numerous times-even from VOI and on weekends to see how everything was going. He disccussed at length other problems that the few other SC owners were having and solutions that were working. He always called me, I seldom called him. I even talked with him on a Saturday night while he was out at a resteraunt. This guy really cares about his customers.

So even though it wasn't perfect, I felt comfortable because Sean was in constant contact with me. Thinking back I have bought other products that didn't work out right and when the vendor ddn't return calls I had a bad feeling i was on my own. it was always an uncomfortable feeling knowing you got screwed over. With Sean I never felt that way because he was always in contact with me. He said we'd get this thing right, even if he had to fly to california and do it himself. I believe if it came down to it he would.

I have bought several items from Sean and have always received them promptly. He always returns phone calls PROMPTLY if you don't reach him and spends way more time on the phone with a customer than he should. I have dealt with a few vendors who never returned calls and when you finaly reached them you got the feeling they were trying to get you off of the phone (maybe I didn't say the magic words to them at the beginnig of the phone call "I've got lots of money I have tospend with you right now!")

Throughout the development of the sc kit over the last year I have read all of Sean's posts on the progress, tests, changes, dyno sheets, etc. He has been upfront with everyone. Even when I called with some of my high expectations, Sean could have told me "yeah sure, that will work" just to keep me on the order list. But he didn't,. Sometimes he told me things that I really didn't want to hear, the kind of things that could make me cancel my order, but they were honest answers. I have dealt with others that will agree to anything you say just to keep you buying.

It seems Sean's honesty has come back to haunt him. He has admitted that there were a few problems and others have used that as leverage against him and his products. But to anyone that has dealt with Sean, you know that he is a tremedous person to do business with and backs up everything he sells.

I know this sounds like the "ode to Sean Roe", but in this day and age where I have dealt with a lot of flakey people, Sean is a shing example of how to run a business. His customer service with me had me thinking tonight of how i deal with my customers in my business. I now see that i could really grow my business a lot more if I treated my customers like he treated me.

To those that are getting their sc soon . . .you will love the instant power and will not regret your decision. Everyone including my Viper tech who has seen the kit has remarked at how well it was designed. My Viper tech was impressed with the quality and completeness on the kit.

To any that backed out of taking delvery of the sc or traded down to a later date because you saw the posts on early problems, you are really missing out
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

BTW Sean has some interesting revisions for the sc happening that he hasn't announced, but they are going to pretty much solve any problems and those of us who have sc now or are on the list will benefit from this. I will let Sean post about it when he feels it is ready.
supergrin.gif

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could say it better...but alas, I can not! So I will repeat for empahsis:
I had the same problems and Sean (along with Chuck Tator) always explained that it could and would be resolved! And it was! Sean is a first rate gentleman and businessman...I only wish I could get him the laugh a bit more
laugh.gif
!

It should be noted that the next generation of buyers will have all the kinks already worked out, so you will be buying that much better of a kit.

By the way....the car is very fast
supergrin.gif

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,
Glad to hear that its kickin' a$$. I had the opportunity to be there during some stages of the installation on your GTS. I have to say that the kit (especially the intake manifold) is a work of art. Ted May said that it's very well engineered and simple to install. I heard you said it's like having a 200 shot all the time!
BURNOUT.gif

Keep the rubber side down and see you at the cruise on Saturday.
cool.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I am with you Varanus.

Sean is a hard working guy trying to make a good product at a good price. I too have seen the "Roe bashing" and it's so transparent and it's all about others trying to drive business their way. They don't seem to realize it does nothing but HURT THEM when they try to discredit others.

I do alot of machine work, and I see something different in the Roe kit than most others probably see. I see a very well designed and attractive unit that was "done right". Sean went to *great* lengths to get that kit looking the way it does.

Whenever you release a new product, there will *always* be a few little problems. What could Sean do - give away 50 of these free to see if anyone had a problem before he mass-produced them? Yeah, then the price would be $20k a pop! The issues are minor, they are isolated to a few cars, and Sean is fixing them out of his own pocket. End of story.

What else is there besides the grin on the face after depressing the gas pedal?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Kevin -- does this mean you're up for a rematch? A little blower car vs. blower car action up at Sacto, perhaps? I'm itching for a little revenge after our last visit...

Congrats on the blower success!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Varanus-
Have you brought your car to a dyno yet? We want to see the numbers yours is making. With a dyno database of over 60 Vipers from mild to wild, it would make an great comparison since it would be the first S/C Viper we would run on the dyno. Hurry up before Treynor gets his car back and dynos it. Then you can hold the coveted top HP spot with a supercharger until he brings his MONSTER down. In addition, we are still available for assistance if you need us to tune your vehicle. Our software can adjust timing and fuel at any load, throttle position, etc..
-Wayne

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You HAVE to give Sean credit! His R+D was very thorough, he did Viper owners a favor by providing a (demanded) option to ensure that Vipers can continue to blow the doors off V-8s with SC mods, all at an affordable price. Two other S/C vendors bagged it BIGTIME back in Gen-I. Congrats to Sean for taking a big risk on owners behalf!

Anyone ordering was/is well-informed every step, and (SURPRISED ME) the release stayed very close to ON SCHEDULE.

The Viper GTS and the SRT/10 releases (the CAR) were fraught with more problems, plus delays! We all know that 2000+ motors and ECUs are "more delicate" !

Problem magnifier: Once you have the SC install, you need a PartsRack Painted Hood Liner with optional graphic proclaiming:

600HP S/C

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
You HAVE to give Sean credit! His R+D was very thorough, he did Viper owners a favor by providing a (demanded) option to ensure that Vipers can continue to blow the doors off V-8s with SC mods, all at an affordable price. Two other S/C vendors bagged it BIGTIME back in Gen-I. Congrats to Sean for taking a big risk on owners behalf!

Anyone ordering was/is well-informed every step, and (SURPRISED ME) the release stayed very close to ON SCHEDULE.

The Viper GTS and the SRT/10 releases (the CAR) were fraught with more problems, plus delays! We all know that 2000+ motors and ECUs are "more delicate" !

Problem magnifier: Once you have the SC install, you need a PartsRack Painted Hood Liner with optional graphic proclaiming:

600HP S/C

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JonB, Shouldn't that say 700HP S/C ??

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Are you going to AutoZotica event tomorrow? I will look foward to seeing you and the Viper there!

Are you using octane boost to get 93 octane?

OP
OP
V

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad/Viper-Fan:
Kevin,

Are you going to AutoZotica event tomorrow? I will look foward to seeing you and the Viper there!

Are you using octane boost to get 93 octane?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will be there. I heard there are something like 14 vipers? The ferraris and lambos won't know what to do!

Currently I am mixing 100 octane from Unocal 76 with 91 octane. I am going to start backing down the mixture to eventually get to 91 octane to see how it works. C ya tommorrow

OP
OP
V

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
So Kevin -- does this mean you're up for a rematch? A little blower car vs. blower car action up at Sacto, perhaps? I'm itching for a little revenge after our last visit...

Congrats on the blower success!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha, i knew a can of worms got opened up when you lost.

You will have a hard time finding any competition.

That being said you will have to beat me "Supra style". While i scoot off the line you will fighting for traction then hole shot me later.

Can't wait to get a ride in your beast!

S

SUN RA KAT

I did my research on Sean Roe before I ordered and put down my deposit on his supercharger system and everything came up the he's a class act. When it didn't come out on schedule I was not worried - Sean does it right the first time and I can wait for him to get every little detail done to his satisfaction. The fact that different Vipers respond differently to his supercharger does not surprise me - that's why the big time supercharger/turbo tuners take so long to tune each car individually. I knew what kind of mods Sean had in his test Viper and had similar mods put on my Viper at Woodhouse Viper before I even picked up my new Viper. I figured the closer my car is to Sean's, the easier it will be for his system to work perfectly with my Viper.

I'm looking forward to helping him get the first run of superchargers perfected as soon as I get my supercharger in maybe a week or so.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
Once you have the SC install, you need a PartsRack Painted Hood Liner with optional graphic proclaiming:
600HP S/C
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
JonB:
Is this a real item yet or are you checking for interest? Can you post an drawing of where the 600HP should go....actually 1tony1 is corect, I think it should be BHP...and what about a torque #?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Varanus" well said. He's done it too me too!

His SC kit is of top quality, and was so easy to install I was thinking to myself, OK where did I go wrong, should it have been that easy (with big smile) to turn my snake into 700 bhp!?

Yeah, I've had a few ping issues (cr*p UK octane) but Sean's been right onto it, and I have every confidence in him. I have to spend my money wisely (on the snake of course) but, I don't earn big bucks even working long hours as a nurse. I've bought a number of his products before, and now my biggest ever spend out on his SC kit (although a bargain) I'm delighted.

H*ll, I find myself browsing his web site looking for what else I can gift my Beloved Viper with!