see the full zr1 vs srt10 coupe vid here

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thank u my thoughts get me a 96 gts with a supercharger and the score would be 3 to 0 viper all three only the braking would be questionable

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time watching this show, both of them seem like (as said before) "dorks"

Good video but a top gear comparison would be so much better.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure 98% of us here are 'Dorks' my self included

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guarantee that this show sells more Vipers than ZR1s. The Viper gets virtually no press compared to the ZR1 and this was a real eye opener for a lot of people. Good show and the result is what it is but lets' face it there was a reason they didn't bring the ACR or a 2010 Viper.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im giving them hell over their..I go by laron on the CF....I myself was once a lost soul vette owner...

It just really surprises me that despite the magazines and despite the videos were it is very clear that the Viper can slightly out acelerate the Zr1 and handle a road course every bit as well...That some of them still view the viper as that GTS that flew off the japanese mountain chaseing the Ferrari....

I have a nsx buddy who always talks about my viper as if it cant handle...If he had ever looked at an magazine back from 2003-2006 he would read how the srt10 vert beat the 911TT around the road course ect. He would read how the Viper was considered the track darling of the day. he would see how even the 2006 coupe was able to muster slightly faster lap times than the Z06 here and there..

But it often seems that the only people who really know these cars are built for the road course is us...

Hopefully this vid will help change that image a lil

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that one post "I'd marry the Z but sleep with the Viper". That's great. Truth is both are great cars but obviously I prefer the Viper. In my mind its the sexier beast.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was a great comparison and both cars are impressive as hell. I think it was a little dissapointing that they didn't use the ACR. Win, lose, I really wouldn't care, I just think it could have been cool if they compared the top car from each brand. Maybe an SRT coupe vs Z06, and ZR1 Vs. ACR. Then switch drivers and do it all over again.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
z06 would have been decimated so why have it here...Z06 lost a few lap head to heads in the mags against the 2006 Viper..It wouldnt even be a nail cutter in this knife fight...

As well it's 1-1.5 seconds slower to 150 mph than the 2008 viper..Again..throwing a kitten in a lions den..Z06 would have hit 165 mph compared the the Vipers 172 mph and ZR1's 178 mph. About 5-6 car lengths behind both of them.

0-60 would have been around 4.3 compared to the vipers 4.0 and ZR1's 4.1and brakeing would have maybe been able to hang if it didnt fade too much or fall apart..

I love the Z06!!!!Its a darn fast car...But your talking about letting a 450 rwhp car compete with two 550 rwhp cars...200-300 pounds weight advantage is nice but that aint no were near enough to make up for 100 rwhp..

Great car and for 40K for a 2006 Z06 I may add one some day..But it would have literally been beaten up after this match up

yamahahaha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id like to see the acr x with 640 hp go against that piece of scrap!!

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool video thanks for sharing but I think it should have been with the viper acr not the srt 10, not a fare comparison to have the top end vette vs the base model viper. How about the acrx one word over kill :)

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the Vid.

At the end of the day, most view the ZR1 for just another Corvette. I much rather have the Hiss affect of Viper. So cool. The car is always turning heads....even my stock 03.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think an equal contest would have been a 640 horsepower ACR-X (top of the line Viper) against the 638 horsepower ZR-1 (top of the line Vette). But equal wouldn't really be "fair" would it? The base Viper was 120 pounds heavier, had 38 less horsepower, no magnetic suspension or traction control and still beat the 'Vette to 60 mph and around the road course. 0-100 was a tie, and considering the 'Vette has carbon ceramic brakes and only stopped 2 tenths of a second faster speaks volumes about the quality and performance of the Viper compared to a car the magazines said would absolutely **** it; a different gear in 5th, and that would have been a very different finish. Congrats to the 'Vette, but if I had to pick I'd still take the Viper

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR-X isn't street legal so that should disqualify it for this comparison IMO. They should have thrown the Vette to the 2010 ACR though. The Viper and the Vette are both great cars. I do think that any sound businnes case for a Gen5 Viper will have to be based on a car that has more of the comforts and technology of the Vette unfortunately. That's the only way they will be able to sell enough of them to make it approach profitability.

Based on this show I can't really see the Vette guys having any real claim to claiming bragging rights...try as they might... I'll use a Boxing analogy here in that deep down Mayweather knows nothing has been settled until he actually fights Manny Pacquiao.

I think an equal contest would have been a 640 horsepower ACR-X (top of the line Viper) against the 638 horsepower ZR-1 (top of the line Vette). But equal wouldn't really be "fair" would it? The base Viper was 120 pounds heavier, had 38 less horsepower, no magnetic suspension or traction control and still beat the 'Vette to 60 mph and around the road course. 0-100 was a tie, and considering the 'Vette has carbon ceramic brakes and only stopped 2 tenths of a second faster speaks volumes about the quality and performance of the Viper compared to a car the magazines said would absolutely **** it; a different gear in 5th, and that would have been a very different finish. Congrats to the 'Vette, but if I had to pick I'd still take the Viper