Selling my Roe/Heads/Cam 94, approx 680rwhp

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few vids, first with open headers in my garage, second with the new exhaust buttoned up.

[media]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/martyb3g/videos/detail/#531/idlefe3.flv[/media]

[media]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/martyb3g/videos/detail/#531/1007197hv2.flv[/media]

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets try vids again.

[media]http://img531.imageshack.us/img531/7004/idlefe3.flv[/media]

[media]http://img531.imageshack.us/img531/4072/1007197hv2.flv[/media]

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This one's MINE!!!!

I had a 1500 mi Gen1 experience from IL to TX over the past 2 days. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! Marty has built one of the baddest Gen1's I know of. I could see Marty was still a bit attached to the RT - rightfully so! It's presently tucked in next to the ACR cooling off. Tomorrow they both get baths and detailing. To see those 2 cars side by side is amazing. I lusted after the RT in school and it brings back some memories of Viper posters I had hung up at the time & the Dallas car show where I saw my 1st one. I will say the RT and ACR are 2 entirely different cars on almost opposite ends of the spectrum (reason I wanted a Gen1). It's a spiritual experience for me to say the least - looking at the 2 in the garage. The Gen1 is a visceral, grouchy and physically demanding "street fighter" (especially after Marty's touch - EXACTLY what I wanted!!!). The ACR is seemingly effortless and completely at home on the track, or going out to dinner for that matter. I love them both. They both may wear the "Viper" badge but they are 2 entirely different cars. I can't wait to break out the tools and get to work on them both. They both need fluids and other checks.

The RT didn't use a drop of oil or any other fluid. No mechanical or any other issues for that matter. This is just further testament to the benefits of buying within the "family".

Marty, I feel better knowing you are on the road to recovery - already out test driving GTSs.

I'll post pictures of the happy couple once I get them cleaned up.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats FastZilla, Marty's car kept me up many nights thinking about whether or not to buy it...it was a tough decision not to do it!

Martys car and I have a bit of a history while it was at Joe Donovans shop a few years ago.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This one's MINE!!!!

I had a 1500 mi Gen1 experience from IL to TX over the past 2 days. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! Marty has built one of the baddest Gen1's I know of. I could see Marty was still a bit attached to the RT - rightfully so! It's presently tucked in next to the ACR cooling off. Tomorrow they both get baths and detailing. To see those 2 cars side by side is amazing. I lusted after the RT in school and it brings back some memories of Viper posters I had hung up at the time & the Dallas car show where I saw my 1st one. I will say the RT and ACR are 2 entirely different cars on almost opposite ends of the spectrum (reason I wanted a Gen1). It's a spiritual experience for me to say the least - looking at the 2 in the garage. The Gen1 is a visceral, grouchy and physically demanding "street fighter" (especially after Marty's touch - EXACTLY what I wanted!!!). The ACR is seemingly effortless and completely at home on the track, or going out to dinner for that matter. I love them both. They both may wear the "Viper" badge but they are 2 entirely different cars. I can't wait to break out the tools and get to work on them both. They both need fluids and other checks.

The RT didn't use a drop of oil or any other fluid. No mechanical or any other issues for that matter. This is just further testament to the benefits of buying within the "family".

Marty, I feel better knowing you are on the road to recovery - already out test driving GTSs.

I'll post pictures of the happy couple once I get them cleaned up.

Eddie,

I am glad you are enjoying the car as much as I did, and I hope you and Matthew can still hear OK after the long trip home:D. It was tougher than I thought watching the car pull out of the driveway friday night, but I am glad to know that it went to someone with as much passion for it as I had. Keep it straight and have fun!

Oh, anyone in the Chicagoland area looking for some racing ****, I have about 3 gallons left. I did not want to see Eddie drive 1500 miles home with a 5 gallon can in the trunk.

More GTS shopping this week:drive:

marty

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOLD: Photos (Selling my Roe/Heads/Cam 94, approx 680rwhp)

As promised - here are the photos of the 2. It's amazing to see the differences between the 2. From the front the ACR just looks mean & hungry. From the side the RT is so much curvier and ****. With tinted windows and a hard top I find it hard for anything to top the menacing profile of the RT. From the back it's anyone's game - I like the short squatted RT but also like the barn door mounted on the ACR.

Again - 2 totally different cars with 2 totally different experiences. I'm glad I have the ACR for the track. However I'm almost positive my wife will only ride in the RT under protest.

Enjoy the photos - took them in the dark on purpose - still need to detail the cars. Just got the bulk off today.

Last edited:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
S'not always the case, but in this case it definitely is:

"Red is fastest." :D

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so true in this case. I drove the RT to get it inspected and transfer the title. Then drove the ACR. Then took a buddy for a ride in the RT. Yep, the ACR needs that Mopar PCM and the full Bellanger system - and even after all that it better stick to the track! The RT ownes the street between the 2.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So I guess the SRT's are relegated to the driveway huh?. Time for a bigger garage Eddie.

ps: Racing our S/C cars at the track is gonna take waaay more skill than the point and shoot we did last time with the Jeeps:)

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Wife is protesting. I had to play the old "it's not weatherproof" card to get it in the garage - she seriously wanted it parked outside. I'll be meeting with contractors very soon to stretch and raise the garage. The whole power on demand thing is new to me for sure. I was accelerating thru 110 today in 3rd with the tires still spinning, grabbed 4th at 4500rpm just to stop the tire spin. Well at least the drive train is safe. The tire man is gonna love me this month. Both the ACR and the RT are going to need new tires within the next 30 days. These TX roads are just slimy in the heat of the day.

I'm still a bit green on the RT but I don't mind a few passes on a sanctioned 1/4 mile. Would be interesting to see our 2 cars duke it out. Pretty much even on power.

So I guess the SRT's are relegated to the driveway huh?. Time for a bigger garage Eddie.

ps: Racing our S/C cars at the track is gonna take waaay more skill than the point and shoot we did last time with the Jeeps:)

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob works nights. I slept til noon recovering from the ride back. Presently drinking myself to sleep...shouldn't be too much longer ;)

Cool thing about posting at 2am is you kind of feel like you get the last word in for the day :lmao:

Texans are insomniac vampires...doesn't anyone sleep?!

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have 2 ft of height on me - you can simply install a lift. I'm phukd - it's saws, nails & bricks for me.

Poor, poor, pitiful me, right :rolaugh:

I'll be meeting with contractors very soon to stretch and raise the garage. The QUOTE]

Your killing me:D

I'm going to leave for home in about 2 hrs, so I'll have a 3 1/3 hr drive to plot:)

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice sitting next to the ACR Eddie!! Glad you are having fun and putting the car to good use. Its still strange walking into my garage and seeing my everyday car parked in that spot instead of the Viper. I hope you get in down the 1/4 soon, would love to know what kind of MPH it will run. Stepping on the gas of mostly stock GTS's over the last few days lets me know that the old Gen 1 was a very strong car.

martyb

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
geeze Eddie...now you have at least 2 areas to post updates...the RT and the SRT area... ;) Both your cars are stunning and both scream "get out of my way or my car will kill you AND your goldfish"...simply awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21