Serious mod advice please.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 03 SRT I picked up in Sept for $48K, great shape, haven't dyno'd yet, but I've runs ranging from 12.3 - 11.93 @ 122, so it seems right on target for power. It had 11K mis when I bought it, just broke 13K.

I have an SVS shefter 7 MGW knob to install.

My original plan was to do a DIY Paxton kit, I've found the kit for $6300, which I think is great. Otherwise i was going to leave it stock. Although in looking @ the kit it seems to come with a boost/vacuum based FMU to control fuel pressure - which I'm not crazy about. On boosted stangs in the past I've had FMU's fail, one tanked a head gasket before i realized the lean state. So I may look at fuel management options.

I want to replace the exhaust for sound, I'm looking at the Belanger catback - which includes hiflo cats & I believe is MagnaFlow based, but I can't find folks using this system so I don't know how "good" it is.

So ... should I stay on this course all things considered? With running 11.9's on runcraps, I wonder how it's do with exhaust, 3.55's, and hi-flo filters, and better tires. I want to run better than 11.5, not that I'm a drag # guy, just that I know that perf target has hit my driving target in the past.

Anyway ... just looking for thoughts & appreciate all input.

Dave.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang