Serpentine Belt for an 02

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it a dealer item? Mine just shredded the day of the Houston Viper event. Parts houses don't list them....

OP
OP
T

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called the dodge dealer near me that is open and he doesn't have one. He said he checked the Houston inventory and no one shows one, closest one is Liberty Texas.....$56.00, might as well be $5600 if the don't have it...........

OP
OP
T

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No I have several cars, but I don't think I can take the belts off of those and have one to fit the Viper.

OP
OP
T

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know it always seems like I gotta drive a Chevy to the Mopar events....

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine just shredded ....

So, how old is the car, what are the miles? Just trying to get an idea of when it just pays to replace it (and hoses) as a preventative maintenance item. There is a lot of heat under the hood for those rubber items to hold up to. I've been think about this issue lately.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every 3 to 4 years would be an average replacement frequency for the belt. Probably do better on the hoses. Extreme cold or hot, tracking or dragging, adjust as needed. On your 2002? I would...

OP
OP
T

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was and is still going on Dinner at Pappa's on 59, with a drive over to Otto's in the " fountains area" afterwards.

My 02 has only 10,000 miles, it evidently got damaged when we pulled the front parts off to clean up and detail some Items.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960