Set up tips for Cal Speedway

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Was considering racing on the long course (2.88 miles)at Cal Speedway on March 5-7. Have any of you raced on this track? Set-up tips? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Hi Frank,

After the Cal Speedway are you going north for Three Days at Thunderhill?

The CC's at Thunderhill was a beautiful site last year and from what I saw at Buttonwillow the numbers are growing. Thunderhill should be a large BAM / Viper Days event.

Reaction score
I expect many form the Bay Area. My best guess is 30-40 cars from Northern California. The Thunderhill weekend is fantastic and well worth the drive just to watch. It is a great opportunity to experience the performance of a Viper.

The track side vendors are great and provide parts(brake pads, wheels, smooth tubes, rear ends, transmissions, restraints, helmets, fire suits and gloves, tires slicks and street, etc ) and installation for same. Changes for all fluids, suspension set-up help, etc. Instructors for all who want to improve their skill.

Viper Days is the best open track event(driving school and wheel to wheel racing) offered at any price.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thunder Hill is one of my favorite west coast tracks. I will be there in my #337 CC racing in the VRL. I took delivery of my CC and ran Thunder Hill last year for the first time. See yo all in a couple of weeks at the track. BTW. . .Fred, can you bring some warm-dry Northern California weather to the track for the weekend. Button Willow was cold and rain all weekend with more mud than I would have ever believed.

Reaction score
Gary,

The weather has been ordered as requested. Delivery is on schedule.

Glad you will be at Thunderhill this year. Many facility improvements.

See you in a few days. Will be there Thursday night for early tech inspection for the Friday BAM(open track) event.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang