Shamwow

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno...I can't help but think I'd be supporting that ****-crack-addict spokesman's **** addiction by buying one of those towels. Something about that guy makes those towels so unappealing.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought 3 of the large ones in a giftshop in TN for $8 on the last VCA trip. I haven't used them yet though. Now Scott has me worried! I'll report back once I use them.

I dunno...I can't help but think I'd be supporting that ****-crack-addict spokesman's **** addiction by buying one of those towels. Something about that guy makes those towels so unappealing.

He also has other bad habits as well :omg:

ShamWow Guy In Slap, Chop Bust - March 27, 2009

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried that kinda thing in the past and I was not impressed. They do **** up the water pretty well, but they always streak. Nothing beats a real, natural , lamb skin chamoise.

OP
OP
W

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been using the Maguiar microfiber towels, but they are so small. I'd like to find something larger. Also, they get quite dirty from the brake dust on the wheels and much of it isn't coming off in the wash.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried them and they're so, so. I am so finicky about picking up a bit of grit and causing a scratch, that I stick with the tried and true. Lots of clean towels. Microfiber on all the jewel surfaces (the whole car)
and towels on the wheels and such. I never clean the Viper in a hurry. Shamwows are ok for the kitchen and carpeted floors but little else. Most of the time they just sit in the box they came in out of sight and out of mind.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dig this; I was in Costco last weekend and they had a whole display of Shamwows...in my opinion anything hyped on TV like shamwow is usually a pos.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok.....I admit that I bought one and was a gag gift. It was for a "Secret Santa" sort of thing, but the deal was that the first person who chose from the pile of gifts must actually open that present in front of everyone. The next person could either pick a new present from the pile or steal the first opened present.

The Shamwow was one of the first presents uncovered and was highly sought after, so people wanted to steal it from one another. After the gifts were all opened, people immediately wanted to see if the dang thing worked.....so off to a kitchen it went.

I can say that they are very very absorbant. I think that the surface can be a little rough, so I would not use it on a car. Keep to a microfiber towel. For around the house, as far as I can tell, the thing would be great at picking up spills, etc.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one and used it on my car... don't have much to compare it to but it didn't scratch my surface and didn't streak either. I use a clean bath towel first to get the large amounts of water and then went back over 2-3 times with the Shamwow...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get both of those in one holiday event just put the Vegamatic in the Foreman grill and let the power of electricity destroy both of them.

Do it outdoors away from the keg for safety.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id stick with MF towels, good ones can be purchased for the same price. On a side note have you ever seen his add for the slap chop, you tube that. The best line is "your gonna love my nuts".

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id stick with MF towels, good ones can be purchased for the same price. On a side note have you ever seen his add for the slap chop, you tube that. The best line is "your gonna love my nuts".

He says that quickly and moves on. You're sittinig there thinking "did he really say that?". My favorite is when he chucks a competitors product over his shoulder and makes a direct shot into the sink behind him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi