Shelby Gr1??

RandyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did anyone see the show Rides, featuring the new Ford Shelby Gr1. Looks like Ford might be thinking of jumping in the snake pit. 'If' they are going to build it and it looks like the consept car on the show, very nice. If they use a GT 40 type engine and a good chasis, DC and GM could have some stiff compition. Has anyone heard about a plan to build it.

Randy

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy,
I'm a Ford dealer in the K.C. area. I hear that the Shelby GSR-1 is going to come out in 07 or 08 model year. The rumor is that the Shelby Cobra concept car is dead and this is the Shelby car of the future. The rumor mill has it being a 605 hp v-10 motor mounted up front unlike the Ford GT. The target price is around the 85k to 90k range. That is the scoup for now. I know that Ford talk doesn't belong here but I'm only answering the question

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford needs to use the production space after the GT production run ends. Rumor has it that is what will fill the void.

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It will be a version of the Truck V10 with DOHC heads. I had a picture of this engine when I saw it at Carlisle last year. It will be bored out/resleeved to a 3.7" and will have 427ci displacement.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see the show Rides, featuring the new Ford Shelby Gr1. Looks like Ford might be thinking of jumping in the snake pit. 'If' they are going to build it and it looks like the consept car on the show, very nice. If they use a GT 40 type engine and a good chasis, DC and GM could have some stiff compition. Has anyone heard about a plan to build it.
Randy,

Randy
I saw that show, It was a great program. Not just for the car, but to see how a prototype is developed to a show car.
I would like to see that car go to production. I love my Viper, but there's room at my house for another Ford. (My Panoz is Ford powered) :headbang:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if ford does not build the shelby GR-1 then i will buy a used GT. i like the GR-1 better though and it should cost less $$$. ford will decide my fate. either way the future looks good to me and i should have an answer to this delima by 2008.

27764-med.jpg

27761.jpg

27767-med.jpg

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice to me but the Chrysler Firepower looks better imo. Not as powerful though...425hp and 429tq..Hope they build it......
You must be registered for see images attach

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those of you who want to to TIVO it, the program is called "The Black Ford Project." Even if you don't like this car it is worth watching the process.