Shipping a Viper across country, need advice.

Sterling

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a RT/10 and need to have it shipped to me across country. Can anyone give me suggestions on a quality auto transportation service at a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Sterling

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my Viper GTS Shipped By Concourse Transport from Kansas to N.Y. Long Island for $750.00. It was by Enclosed Carriage. Great service and my Viper came with out a scratch.

I can get you thier number by Friday it is at home.

Regards,
BR

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 or 4 companies come to mind, and I think the equipment used
is similar, the main difference(other than price), is the
transport drivers. I've used Intercity and Horseless Carriage,
but there is Reliable and a few more that have been used by
other members. Prices range from $1100 to $1500 but could
be more if you are in a hurry. Before your car leaves, the
driver will go over your car and document the condition; in case
there is damage, it is important for you to make sure this record is complete and accurate. It is also important to watch
the car be loaded and unloaded, and offer assistance(which is
generally appreciated). A responsible party on the other end
of the trip, should duplicate your efforts(stated above).
All I can tell you is my experience, get as much imput as it
takes to help you make a decision(Also do a search on the subject)

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to call INTERCITY Lines. They did an excellent job from beginning to end getting a car to me across the country. Class operation. pete

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vote goes to Fred's company Concours as noted above.

Flawless execution from end to end (WA to MI). Something refreshing in this day and age (ugh, I sound old) dealing with the owner of a company who is running the show.

Fred doles out his cell #, your driver's cell #, and both are available to answer where your baby is at.

I had a 1 day window after completing my deal yet before my flight flew out to get the car loaded in front of my own eyes, 3000 miles from anyone I knew, pretty daunting.

My car being CDN, I had it flatbedded over the border, met up with Concours, loaded the car over to the enclosed (at 2am in a Snow Storm, in a strip mall parking lot), and waited for delivery back in my neck of the woods (MI).

Everything went to plan with nary a scratch, flawless.

Can't speak for the other guys, but I guess when you operate like Fred does you don't stay small for long......bring on the Menu System:

"To see if your car still has both doors press 1, to find out how many miles we've driven your car in the last 24 hours, press 2, I'm sorry all out operators are driving err busy right now, please hold for at least 45 minutes"
supergrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS