Should I have to replace the flywheel when I replace my clutch...

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, if I were you, I would get a lightened flywheel. Roe says it's the best N/A upgrade you can do for the money that is very noticable.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i asked chuck tator and he told me if it wasnt cracked, to just scuff it up and re use it. and i did and had no problems

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What Plum said. Chuck recommended cleaning it up with some emory cloth/steel wool.

He also did not recommend a lightweight flywheel.

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Aluminum flywheel upgrade is a personal choice. It does help the engine spin up fast(less weight, 17lbs), but if you have a car with out-of sync TB's it will exacerbate(sp) the bucking problem you may be feeling. I personally like the Aluminum flywheel for a stock car or one that has bolt-ons, but if you're pushing over 600 RWHP, I don't think it matters. My $.02.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lightweight flywheel was the first mod I ever made. Even before smooth tubes.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, do you have upgraded gears? I have heard some folks complain about the two being together.

OP
OP
R

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, do you have upgraded gears? I have heard some folks complain about the two being together.
Plenty of mods, but no upgraded gears... that Im aware of. I believe that Im the 3rd owner, consequently, not 100% sure what was done before my purchasing.

Last edited: