Should I trade my 2002 GTS for a 2001 ACR?

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am contemplating selling my GTS and picking up an ACR.

What should I be able to get for a one owner 13,000 mile bumblebee GTS with minor mods(tubes, KN's, seat kit, Roe clutch adjustement, custom mats). My car has never been in an accident, tracked, sprayed, or smoked in, and is in excellant shape except for some scuffs under the chin and one side sill.

The ACR is Saphire with stripes, 3500 miles and totally stock. He is asking $65,000 for it, which I think might be a bit high.

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my Sapphire / silver striped ACR Brand New a few months ago and love it. You are considering the right choice cause everyone who is in the know, knows that the Sapphire cars are faster.... :)

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only reason I'd go for the acr instead of the gts is becuase of the low miles on it!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my Sapphire / silver striped ACR Brand New a few months ago and love it. You are considering the right choice cause everyone who is in the know, knows that the Sapphire cars are faster....:)

They Lied! :eek:

The Everyone Knows title belongs to the BLUE N WHITES of 96-97!

:laugh:
:2tu:

Jay "The Self Annointed President of the Blue N White GTS Vipers are the Best Club" K.

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the main reasson your switching? the ACR suspension, the BBS wheels or the color?
otherwise I'd tell you to keep the GTS. I had both, GTS is much more confortable ride. ACR is too stiff, even if you lower the stiffness setting to the lowest possible setting.
I think unless you plan on tracking alot, you wont like it.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had both the ride quality is not any harsher on my ACR then my old GTS .But the ACR is more precise and neutral

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trade for the acr. why, because saphire with silver stripes is the best color. whatever you do good luck :2tu:

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main motivation for the switch would be for the color. The wheels are nice, but..... they along with the adjustable suspension would not be getting any track use. So they don't warrant much extra in the way of price in my mind(or the marketplace from what I've observed!).

The owner has a very good reputation and I like the low mileage, so even though it's a year older it begins to make sense if I can pull close to $60K for my car.

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A month ago I'd probably would have made you an offer. I want yellow with factory stripes. Closing on some real estate next week instead though. Good luck selling. Shouldn't be a problem getting mid to high $50's.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your car is in good shape, runs good and you are happy with it, save your time and effort. ACR's and GTS's are a "horse apiece"...no big difference in value (the value is in the quality/condition of the specific car) and why get into an unknown for no good reason. For street use, they're no quicker (tubes, big deal, everybody's got them), don't corner any better (I said street use, remember) and certainly don't get any more looks, one from the other. This ought to get the torch lit....

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of course, any saphire silver stripe car is much better looking than any other Viper ever made. And I am not on little bit biased either. Trade up to the high class Vipers.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am contemplating selling my GTS and picking up an ACR.
The ACR is Saphire with stripes, 3500 miles and totally stock. He is asking $65,000 for it, which I think might be a bit high.

The ACRs' w/stripes listed for over $90k when brand new so its not a bad deal! The loser is the seller who only drove it 3500 miles and lost $25 grand!
Go for it!

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd say it is a straight up trade. I mean a 1 of 37 Bumblebee for a tired ol Saphire. Might cut him some slack due to a few extra miles on your car. Give him 65K you get 62K for yours.

And of course I am not biased here whatsoever!

It does come down to your preference for the ACR/GTS differences. I do think his price is high without being biased. He might get that price but unless the car just sits, the new owner will get hit hard if he drives it. Then again, if you really like the car, its what you want, get it. For your car, you should get at least 60K for it.

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say it is a straight up trade. I mean a 1 of 37 Bumblebee for a tired ol Saphire. Might cut him some slack due to a few extra miles on your car. Give him 65K you get 62K for yours.

And of course I am not biased here whatsoever!

It does come down to your preference for the ACR/GTS differences. I do think his price is high without being biased. He might get that price but unless the car just sits, the new owner will get hit hard if he drives it. Then again, if you really like the car, its what you want, get it. For your car, you should get at least 60K for it.

goofball, your entire reply is biased. FYI, bumblebee schemed cars command the lowest prices among Vipers.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't the 2 fasted Vipers running at the strip right now Bumblebees? Says something for the whole lineage me thinks ;)

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can attest to the much more harsh ride of the ACR. I have an ACR. Living in California with our roads combined with the 1100 lbs. rear springs -- it wasn't a good mix. Like a few others, I dropped to an 800 lbs. spring ( a very easy swap ) and am much happier with both the ride ( still very firm )and the handling.
Also, the Sapphire is a very nice color. I was going to get one ( hence the screen name )and then I found out '02 was the final year and went with the Graphite.
The only thing I think an ACR will have in value over the GTS-- won't be rocognized if at all, for at least twenty years. Like the AAR 'Cuda gets more now than the basic non hemi 'Cuda does.