Side pipes: When did they disappear?

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

When did the stop putting the side pipes on the Viper? Also, it appears they are back on the new ones. Can someone give me insight on what years had them...which years/models did not?

I think the car looks 100% better with them....

If you get one with the rear pipes...how hard/$$$'s would it be to put the side pipes back on? Or would it even be worth it...?

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
92-95 all had sidepipes (except export cars).
2003 and up have them again.

Some switch back from rear exit to sidepipes. Not too hard.

I have them, I love how they look but sound is so so.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have them, but had to have them, Now I do. Its easy
4168car_show_037-med.jpg

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side sills are the most expensive part of the conversion. I currently still have a hole in my rear bumper and havent decided what to do. Get a RT10 bumper, get the autoform fill piece or have something custom made to fill the hole. It looks great when done but I just put on Borlas and I get a headache after awhile with it droning in my ear. B&B headers are going on today with some Vortech cones to hopefully lower the drone.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zen, keep the hole.. After a while the noise from the pipes 3' from your ears will have you ripping the sidepipe conversion off your Viper likity split.. I had my conversion on for about a year. Loved the look, but it made my driving experience (daily driver) MISERABLE... Plus it sucked only hearing one side at a time.. :(

To each his own.. Like the looks,hate the sound. And I would hate to plug up a free flowing exhaust..

Gerald

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the Corsa 2004 track side exhaust system, no drone, sounds great and I even plugged the hole.
FLX109
4168clambake_13_-med.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96