Side Sill Anti-Chip Applique (Gen 1)

Spike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to have my side sills repainted, and will need to have the anti-chip appliques put on afterwards. Does anyone have the exact shapes that I could use to cut the pieces from 3m clear-bra material? Also, has anyone had experience with any specific type of clear material that would best be able to handle the heat from the side-pipes? I've checked the older threads--the Viper Mind doesn't remember making these and there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the best material. Thanks in advance for the help.
Spike

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a old thread with part numbers, Anti-Chip, for a Gen 1. (Found it below in similar threads.)
Maybe the Wizard can help you out. If he can't, I can make them.

Best material? I'd have to go with the new 3M stuff they use for the clear bra.

Good luck!
E

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OE stuff I bought was 3M material. It just turns to rock and you can never get it completely off. :crazy2:

OP
OP
S

Spike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I know I could order them from Chuck T, but they are approx $50 per piece, and I would need six pieces. For the price of one OEM, I could order a large amount of 3m material and cut all six pieces, if I had the right shapes.
Spike

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always get some contact paper from Home depot. Trim it to shape then peel off and stick on the back of the 3M for a template.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
subscribing, Im going to need the 2 pieces for the front fascia, as Im going to repaint the bottom this winter.....

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I repainted my Gen 1 side sills that I installed on my GTS. I went to my window tinter and he had a bucket full of 3M scraps and he gave me a hand full. I used it only on the leading and trailing edges. I did not use it at the exhaust port like the factory does. To date, it has worked great with no chips at the exhaust port either. They are fairly easy to make and install, just take your time and you will do fine.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This Spring I stripped my sidesills and had them redone. I ordered the set from the Viper Mind at the time. All they had was the Gen 1 so I have the other four pieces left over if people are interested (and I can find them). At the least maybe I could make a photocopy as a template. Sned me a PM if someone is interested (otherwise I will forget).