Side sill removal ?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is great information in the How to section. I think you need to be a member to view it though.

Bruce

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trick about cutting a small hole in the wheel well makes all the difference. If you don't know where I'm sure someone will post it. This hole allows you to access the only difficult screw.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been able to bend the inner fender back enough with a screwdriver to get a deep socket on that PITA bolt. Putting a hole there sounds like a good idea but I'd worry a little about all the crap and water the wheel throws up getting in there. Maybe some kind of plug over the hole would help.

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remove all of the fasteners for the inner fender then bend the plastic back until I can reach the nut with a socket and extension. I keep thinking about drilling a hole but can't bring myself to do it.

venomous06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went ahead and pulled the splash shields all the way out to clean them up before I put everything back together. If you are going to do it this way just make sure that the sills are completely loose along the bottom edge and the few screws that are close to the front are out. This gives you a little more room to pull the splash shields out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery