Side Sill Screws - Where to get them?

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed that I lost one of the side sill screws on the bottom of my right sill. I believe it is a 'Not serviced" part which means it is no longer available from the dealer. Suggestions on where to get replacements?

Thanks.

Bandit400

Screw that is missing:
SCREW, Hex Flange Head​
Tapping, M4.8x1.59x13,

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that one of mine underneath is loose and won't thread in or out... I need one of the plastic plugs that covers the screws up top when the door is open.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the local hardware store and got slightly larger dia. zinc screws and replaced all of them and never had any more problems. The factory ones are very common to fall out.

rwd4rsk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 2000 GTS I had the rocker panels repainted a while back and noticed the other day all of my bottom screws had fallen out and the panels were loose. I went to Lowes and got 10X1/2 Stainless Hex Head Sheet Metal Screws, originals were 8X1/2 but your holes are probably a little striped out, and 7/8" Wide Stainless Fender Washers (any narrower and they have a chance of slipping up into the holes). I dressed each screw with a high heat Permatex adhesive and very carefully screwed them back in. Let them sit for a few days and took the car for a long drive today and all screws are still in and tight. My drive to VOI in a week and half will be the next test.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed that I lost one of the side sill screws on the bottom of my right sill. I believe it is a 'Not serviced" part which means it is no longer available from the dealer. Suggestions on where to get replacements?

Thanks.

Bandit400

Screw that is missing:
SCREW, Hex Flange Head

Tapping, M4.8x1.59x13,

"Not Serviced" and "NLA" are 2 differents things.
Anyhow, those screws are "serviced" and still available under part # 6504580

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got tired of those issues on my car and have started doing weld nuts. So far I have done four cars on the bottom side and one car was the top side too. The tops are usually ok, it is a PITA to do.

Attachments

• v5.jpg
    v5.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 41
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 24
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 55
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 47
  • v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 52

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The beauty of the design is how those factory screws are razor sharp and right in line with your tires when they fall out.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my new screws from Home Depot, and Lowes sells the plastic plugs for up top. I locktited mine last go round.

I got tired of those issues on my car and have started doing weld nuts. So far I have done four cars on the bottom side and one car was the top side too. The tops are usually ok, it is a PITA to do.

That's slick Tony!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my new screws from Home Depot, and Lowes sells the plastic plugs for up top. I locktited mine last go round.

That's slick Tony!

Where in Lowes do they sell the plugs ? What are they supposed to be for ? Are they on the website ?

SSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the aisle of the miscellaneous nuts, bolts and fasteners. They are located in the pull-out
drawers section. They are the exact same as the oem at a cost of about .27 cents each!

Lowes is where I found them.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That looks like ass. You wouldn't catch me doing that to my car.... :D

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the aisle of the miscellaneous nuts, bolts and fasteners. They are located in the pull-out
drawers section. They are the exact same as the oem at a cost of about .27 cents each!

Lowes is where I found them.

Cool thanks... Heading over at lunch to the Lowes...:2tu:

OP
OP
B

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great info:) I must have been lucky that the screw did not go right into my tire when it fell out. I Loctite the remaining ones.

Bandit400

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I save welding for stuff like high pressure piping of nickel 200 & CP titanium at the daytime office. Oh, and tigging the exhaust on the GTS. But Tony... I can run the rivetnuts with one hand still on my beverage. :rolaugh:

I'm sure your right.....after all...... my gutter braces are riveted so it must be the thing to do :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala