Siezed Up Motor Mount Nuts, HELP!

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Soooo........... Did you get them broke loose Joe?

I finally got the mounts out! The passenger side eventually came loose with using the PB penetrating spray, the driver side however, took forever and I kept soaking it with PB; it eventually sheared off. Between the PB and Impact gun, they really pulled through. My motor mounts that I removed from the car were completely tore up. I will bet it should be night and day difference on how the car responds to the new mounts.

I have to get 4 new nuts for the mounts, I looked at 2 advanced auto parts last night, 2 auto zones, and 1 Oriley's stores last night and none have them. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT PLACE CARRIES THESE FLANGED HEX NUTS??? I hope I don't have to go to the dealer/parts store because that is a good drive for me. Would a ford or chevy dealership carry these or do you guys think Lowes would be an option???

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to TSC, but didn't get the exact hex nut with the built in washer. I wound up getting some grade 8 washers and nuts that should work exactly the same. I also upgraded to all grade 8 steel hardware, which is not only stronger, but looks really sweet too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te