sifu

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'll try and figure out how to put a photo of my viper on the web. '93 stock, lots of fun. I have had it since December 2005. (Finally got in the site.) Drove it home from Michigan through a blizzard in Chicago to Des Moines. I think God hears a lot of prayers from viper guys, for various reasons.

Anyway I have been reading and really appreciating all the advice and information on this site.I was thinking of putting GTS 18" wheels on the car. I like the way they look and I want to store the original tires and wheels. Will they throw off the hanling of the car or will the tires rub in the wheel wells? I could use the extra height getting out of the driveway.

There are some CCW rims I was thinking of but the fronts measure 17 x 11.5. Can the Michelin pilots fit on a the front rim? I think they are 17 x 11. Would I have to go to a differnet tire. Worried about handling and fit. Thanks

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club, DJ'sViper!!! Answers for your tires/wheels could be answered by Luke at TireRack or JonB at PartsRack...or of course, CCW, I've talked to the owner, but do forget his name offhand by phone, and he was extremely helpful. Welcome and good luck with the tires, and impressive handling ability to drive thru a blizzard!!! We know all about that here in Albany, NY...Michigan is not much different, nor is Chicago...not sure about weather in DesMoines? ENJOY!!! ~juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come up to the 'REAL' world, Chad!!!! Blizzards, white-outs, black ice, ice storms--that is our life up here in the NorthEast. If we moved, we certainly would NOT miss it!!! ~juli~

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, Mike/Juli. There were cars slipping off the road and fishtailing. I was going to stay overnight in Chicago but my cell phone wasn't working and I couldn't get in touch with my daughter and her fiance who were in front of me. I just got the car and it was really taken care of by the previous owner. So when the 5 ton salt truck came off the exit in front of me I had to just grit my teeth. When I got home I went through a car wash and had it detailed the next day. After driving through the snow there was rain for about a 100 miles which I think helped. Promise I'll get some photos.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh gosh, DJ--SALT---what a mess that makes~~I hear you there!!! Glad you made it okay, and then got the salt/snow washed off and detailed--SOOOOO important to do in our climate. Just to have the skills to drive in winter conditons is amazing! We absolutely HATE salt!!! Will love to see your pics when you can~
~juli~