Silver 04 Ultimate Color ???

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up a new 04 in silver from Palmer Dodge. I have to say, I really wonder why more people don't choose this color. I'ts gotta be the ultimate color. I have a red 03 and maybe I just wanted a new color, but it's great. I'm looking for a white one for my brother in law, so if anyone knows where a good deal one is let me know.

Skip White

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm into the Silver also. Especilly with the graphics I added to mine. This car gets looks every where. I think the Silver shows the lines of the car better than any other color. :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rosswell GA is where I got the car. Glad to see I'm not alone on the appeal of this color.

I like the side graphics, but don't have the nerve to try it.

Skip

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
...yeah, Gary, silver is a great color...one of the Nuns at St. V's was talking about ordering her 04 SRT-10 in that color ;) ;) :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little Fish.... Silvers cool.... but I LOVE the garage door. Showed it to my wife, who promptly said "no-way" :( She said it would be to much with the "Dodge has a Two Track Mind" billboard paper I am already putting up on one wall.... I disagree :) Since I'll have two garage doors, I could do both logos! LOL

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to go with black, my z06 was silver so I was sick of that color, but it is better than the red ticket magnet

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my favorite Silver pic

You must be registered for see images

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, Thanks, all you need is an overhead projector and some tape and paint. Probably only cost about $15 to do and a couple of hours. We will be planning a few cruises this summer, you might want to pop up if you can.

Dave

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip, the graphics are actually vinyl. That way if you decide you don't like them they can be removed simply with a heat gun. Check out the thread on the fourth page titled SCLSSRT10 awesome custom SRT10 for more larger pictures taken at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little Fish.... Silvers cool.... but I LOVE the garage door.

So do I! How did you do that? I saw the comment about an overhead projector, tape and paint, but something a bit more specific would help me if I undertake the project. Thanks.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, I did not know they offered Vipers in any other color than <font color="red">red</font> . When did that start??? <font color="red"> </font>

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron, Dodge makes the red to keep the highway patrol busy and destracted while the sleek silver viper slips by at 150 mph.... :cool:

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phoenix, I just scanned a good logo and printed it on an 8x10 transparency. Take an overhead projector and adjust until the logo is displayed properly. I used painters tape to outline the logo and painted the entire door red, peeled off the tape to exposed the logo. You could have painted the logo part red or any other color. Since my door had a textured metal finish, the lines of the logo were not crisp. I tried different methods to clean up the edges. Free hand painted, auto pinstriping but nothing worked well. I went out and bought high end electricians tape and outlined the entire log in black tape. Looks great!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, that they do. I repeat, that they do. Talking about the highway patrol and keeping red Vipers in check. Course we do have some fun as well. Don't forget at night those silver cars that look kinda like a Viper are much easier to spot!

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm into the Silver also. Especilly with the graphics I added to mine. This car gets looks every where. I think the Silver shows the lines of the car better than any other color. :2tu: :2tu:

BTW, who did your graphics? I like em.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver is not only faster but looks cleaner and contrasts great off the chrome wheels and optional chrome exhaust tips.
SCLSSRT10, I think your side treatment is fantastic. I thought it was painted and not a decal, am I right?

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HiYoSilver, no the side treatment is actually a decal. I installed them last summer. The picture was taken at Gingerman last year. I have also changed the badges to black, they add a lot of contrast to the badges. I have also added the chrome (polished aluminum)exhaust tips and larger S.S. rear difussers(not in this picture). The side graphics are available through Autoform and Parts Rack. Both have them in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc