Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Silver State Classic - who\'s going?

Title says it all.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Silver State Classic - who\'s going?

I'll be there. I'm trailering all the way into Ely on Friday. Hope to catch up to the caravan along the way. If not I'll probably see everyone at the High School before the race.

I wonder if we have a team this year?

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I ran it last year (my first time) and it was a blast. I was restricted to the 130mph class as a first timer. I hit my 165 mph tech speed at the radar trap so was pleased with that. I am still deciding whether to do it this year. If I do I will run the 150mph class. Last year I think there were only 4 or 5 Vipers there.
I was disappointed in the Shoot Out. Because of the 49 mph cross winds we were only allowed to run the 1/2 mile. I took 6th place and was the fastest naturally aspirated car.

Bob K

Reaction score

Bob: May is a better time to run. We didn't have winds and had beautiful cool weather. Hope you can join in.

Art: No team so far. Need 10 cars to field a team, and we're coming up short. I see us with 5-7 cars

Unofficial Headcount (so far) are:
Greg Baxter
Dan Everts
Art Irvin
Hugh Hoard
De Juan Taylor

Maybe - Bill Bagshaw
Possible new entry - Craig Gustafson
Probably Marko (Nevada)

Who else is signed up???

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree Bob, it would be disappointing to only get to run the 1/2 mile since these Vipers come into their own in the mile. The only problem with that is we don't have many on this board willing to stay in it for an entire mile. I think that's why so few go to the silver state. When I first joined the club we had over a dozen Vipers at the May event. I was new and very impressed.

Now it is disappointing to see Vettes kick asp cause we can't even field a single team let alone two or three like the Vettes do.

<shaking head> :( it's just sad.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant