Single pipe exhaust?

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came across this picture on the SVSi website just today and noticed that the exhaust seems only to have one single pipe and a big one at that, Looks like something you would see on a Nissan or Mitsubishi. Anyway, anyone know the deal behind this story or am i just mistaken?

Cheers
smile.gif

http://www.supervipersystems.com/Performance_Programs/Aerodynamics_Program/dualwingspoiler5.jpg

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 2-3 years ago I saw a GTS with a rice-burner muffler on it. You could see half of it sticking out about 8-10". Sounded just like an import.....

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Svsi did make that exhaust for a few people, I know someone that has it on a silver gts with long tube headers. It's a five inch single tip, it's very loud.

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone care about power anymore? I know a few 930 turbos that got loads more power from a single monster exhaust than from the double...maybe SVS had a reason?

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the picture posted by OrecaGTS was the same one I saw, but it looks just like a single-exhaust Viper I've seen twice at Gingerman. Except for the exhaust, the car was nice. Unfortunately, it sounded terrible and was probably one of the loudest Vipers I've heard.