Skip Barber Course Impression

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hull, Ma. summer /Delray Beach Fl. winter
Just got back from two day beginer course. The instructors were great. buti was better than 3 times older than the group of 12. I learned more than i ever thought possible in two days. stopping with and without ABS. Lane and emergency lane changes. Hell toe breaking, skid pad, road course on the auto cross, and champagaine course, a whole bunch on testing your skills, and in most cases you had your on pro-driver next to you giving you helpful comments. Well did we get to drive an 04 VIPER YESSSSS. I had what i felt was a lot of time in each section, with great guideance, instruction, and help. The Viper time was very adiquite and we even had a contest. Don't be surprised if you go, and that a young Lion from high school is the best. DO IT!!!!!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am doing the same. Barber this month and Panoz soon to follow. The guys at Panoz were great on the phone. Really took the time to understand what I was trying to get out of the course. Game on! Thanks for feedback.

OP
OP
M

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hull, Ma. summer /Delray Beach Fl. winter
you posted the schedule for the advanced class not the begineer class . When i talked to skip Barber people they would have let me go to advanced, but when i told them that i had no track experience they agreed that beginner best. i now agree whole heartedly i did it right, i learned a the same speed of the class, not over my head!!!!!!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I took the Ultra high performance class with no prior track experience. The one difference the instructors told me was they wanted to make sure students were not going to be timid with the experience because they have had students that would not be aggressive enough in comparison to the others and that can make it annoying for the ones that are there for high performance driving because you are always catching up to the more timid drivers in the autocross course since 2 or 3 cars are on the course at any given time. Also much more seat time in the SRT-10 versus Neons. We were a bit uneasy at first, but Skip Barber made the experience great and in no time did we become as assertive behind the wheel as they expected.