Skip Barber???

splochocki

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does the VCA membership still get you a discount on Skip Barber events?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reglardless of discount you don't drive a car that has relavence to a Viper.Look up the panosz school.They drive front engine gt's on a race course.

Reaction score
Skip Barber no longer offers a Skip Barber Discount.

Skip Barber has replaced Dodge with Mazda.

At present no driving school has a Viper as a performance teaching vehicle.

There are several school that use Mustangs, Corvettes, Porsche, BMW and Panoz. Skip Barber has a special Performance school in BMW's and Porsches.

Skip Barber has the most locations and is the largest school.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3 day racing school is the one to take. Open wheel.

I'm going to take it again at a different track. Well worth it.

4030DSC02415.JPG

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Three Day racing school is very good. Once you complete that school you can go to other tracks and do Skip Barber Lapping Days.

I have my wife as well as friends that would like me to take it with them. I also think I'll get a lot more out of it the second time :nana:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, I finally did the one-day in those open-wheel cars - in the pouring rain on a freezing day in January. I thought it was going to **** but it was a blast. I'm actually glad that it rained. Nothing like being blinded by rooster tail down the front and back stretch.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, I finally did the one-day in those open-wheel cars - in the pouring rain on a freezing day in January. I thought it was going to **** but it was a blast. I'm actually glad that it rained. Nothing like being blinded by rooster tail down the front and back stretch.

How about those tires? You better run clean lines or you off the track.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was one turn where everybody was spinning out, yours truly included. There was a slight bump going over the concrete slab, combined with the torrential downpour made it a fun little turn.

Reaction score
You guy are right on target if you master car control before the racing school you get to focus on racing (line, braking points, turn-in, and exit) without so much effort and focus on car control.

Our intro to Track Driving is structured to hone car control then go to the track to learn the fundamentals of track driving. http://norcal.viperclub.org/event_detail.php?event=1171511423

OP
OP
S

splochocki

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your responses.

Kind of what I figured just wanted to make sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire