small bubbles in the paint..

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it rained for a month and a half, kept the car covered with a COVERKING cover... and found some small boubbles in the paint... is it humidity?? what should i do??

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thiks so its factory paint, but im second owner so dont really know... will try to take the pics tomorrow, hope i can get them.. cause are too small, you can feel them and see them looking very close..

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nope, on the rear left side, right on the curve from the fender to the hood.. on top of the stop light too a little..

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1994 rT/10 not sure about the original paint, didnt find any trace of repainted...

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I made the same mistake and kept my old vette covered during hot and moist days and nights while I installed a lift. Pulled the cover off and had moisture spots in the paint. I had 30 coats of candy apple red and 15 coats of clear on it. Just about made me sick but eventually went away. I have never had a cover on a car that is outside since that happened.
Beware of any cover no matter how great. They all trap moisture.

97bluegts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had three by the left headlight, I freaked out, it was in the hot month of Aug. But......it went away....weird. The heat is obviously raisin' em up...oh well, it is 12 years old....

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure by it may be normal. In most 94's there are small bubbles?...about the size of pinheads or smaller in the paint. Usually in small groups. They are very hard to see unless you look close. These are really not bubbles but impurities in the paint or clearcoat. If this is what your talking about join the club.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, it will get worse. Admittedly my '94 stays outside 100% of the time and rarely gets a car cover (only during monsoon rain, and then it's only a bikini top.) The paint behind the rear window turned cloudy, then you realize it's a bubble of clearcoat, then the bubble can break and expose the color underneath. They are dime to quarter size now. A friend has a black '94 and it is starting near the gas filler cap. That car is covered most of the time, so I don't see any correlation to being covered or not. It seems just to be the long-term failure mode of the paint itself, since obviously there is no damage or change in the material the fender is made of.

The issue on the hood seemed different. There, it was like the paint shrunk because lines would form where the paint split. It looks like worm tracks. These lines were below the paint surface level and looked white as they exposed the primer(?) underneath.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue on the hood seemed different. There, it was like the paint shrunk because lines would form where the paint split. It looks like worm tracks. These lines were below the paint surface level and looked white as they exposed the primer(?) underneath.

Remember seeing the same thing starting on my '95

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte