Smoke from under the hood!!!

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to pull my 97 GTS out of the garage to do some work in the garage. I went to start the car, and I didn't keep the key turned to the start position long enough and the car didn't start, but sputtered for a second. Right after that, SMOKE CAME OUT OF THE HOOD SCOOP!!!!! It wasn't much, but enough to get my attention real fast. I quickly opened the hood to see what happened, but couldn't find anything burnt or anything. I think the engine may have back fired which may have caused the smoke, but not sure.

Has this happened to anyone else? I reluctantly started the car after a minute, and everything seems fine now, so I have no idea what caused this.

Jason
Tidewater VA

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's happened to me on my '01. I turned the key quickly and the car didn't initially start. It farted out the intake and a little puff of smoke. The car still runs perfect and everything looks good.

Mike

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was just burping up the Vett it ate on it's last journey out, just say you're excused and you'll be good to go and have another snack:2tu:

OP
OP
J

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ROFLMAO! Well even still, it was just a snack, not like it was a whole meal right? :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4