Snake Oyl Cruise Question

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost have my cruise installed, but before trying it out a question occurred to me.

Do you adjust the actuator cable to work when the pedals are furthest forward? I set mine in the pedals rearward position and think I need to readjust to the furthest forward. That is where I set them driving anyway.

If not set in the furthest forward position the 100 mm of pedal travel would appear to rip the cable out of the control unit if you set it up in the furthest rearward position. It would appear that the cruise won't work in all closer positions because you will run out of cable travel.

Any comments on this apparent problem?

OP
OP
S

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update, since several looked at this post.

It turns out the throttle cable does NOT move when the pedal moves, so there is no problem.

I built a special pivot to prevent the cable from having to bind when the throttle goes through its motions. It eliminated the need to drill the pedal plate which would have been VERY difficult due to its angle of the close quarters under the dash. A right angle drill wasn't even enough to allow the hole to be drilled.

I will test it as soon as the rain is gone and roads are dry prior to replacing all of the bodywork.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sarkis --

Call Cory at Snake Oyl if you are having any difficulty with the install. He will walk you through it and is very helpful.

OP
OP
S

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called him and he told me that the installation is meant for professionals. He did give me bits and pieces of information in DIRECT response to specific questions. He not very interested in helping clarify his limited instructions.

I guess he didn't think an MIT mechanical engineer with 7 patents, several production designs in production on Ag Tractors from 120-350 HP, who specifies, designs, and implements assembly systems for powershift and IV transmissions as well as inboard and outboard planetary axles, and has restored cars from the ground up should be able to install his cruise...... Only professionals.