SNAKE WON'T START

Reaction score
Re: SNAKE WON\'T START

My 99 ACR has the same problem. What I do is use the manual door lock to get in turn the power on roll down the windows, and then turn the key from the OFF position to ACC position 4 times then start the car. Then I sync the key fob. You may need to remove power for 5 minutes before going to the OFF to ACC position 4 times. This has been a chronic problem with my alarm but I have been to lazy to have it corrected.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score

The following was posted by AviP, usea search for "alarm" to see the orig. post.

Here is the reset sequence.
Step 1: Turn the ignition key from the OFF to ACC position 4 times as follows. OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-OFF.

Step 2: Open & close the following in any order so that you hear a single beep. Hood, driver door, passenger door, hatch back.

Step 3: Press both buttons on the key fob until the car beeps.

That's it. The system is reset.

This procedure is useful in many situations, after removing a battery, charging a dead battery, etc.

TO LIST ADMIN:
I have the TSB for it. Is there a place to post TSBs on this site?

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check your battery connection! I had the exact same thing happen to me. I checked the connection at the terminal and found that I could loosen it with my fingers. Go ahead and reset the computer by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it.

Good Luck.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveb:
Check your battery connection! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Battery is likley involved. Weak - Old - Bad connections.

Battery tender only prolongs the agony once the battery gets tired

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187