Snow-mageddon/Snow-pocalypse

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snow huh?
Hmm, that reminds me, I'm taking mine to get buffed, polished, waxed, detailed, and generally prettied up tomorrow. :lmao:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is different, I can actually see my grass and it looks like spring.
you have to move to new england for nice weather.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually love it....I'm in the snow business so this means money to me! All of my trucks and machines are out right now and I myself will be heading out shortly. This storm will keep us busy through Monday and they are saying that with another storm coming in Tue. or Wed. that we may work strait through to that one. A full week of snow removal will be very hard, but also very rewarding.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing in Princeton NJ yet. Supposed to start at about 6 pm. Delaware was to get hit about 2 pm. We are supposed to get 24 inches.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After some prodding from my manager I finally caved in and went home. Every inch of the road on my way home was...

BLACK!! :dunno:

It's been snowing since about 10am here but the roads are too wet and the temperature is too warm for anything to stick. Tonight when it gets cold is when it'll get bad.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BE SAFE !!

Im in the WA Cascades...last year I had a building collapse under snow. A decade ago we had 4' on Valentines Day.... Today? Im out feeding 15 Golden and Bald eagles ON MY PROPERTY....with salmon carcasses donated by the hatchery 2 miles down the mountain.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OHIO VCA RAFFLE:
6491d1265264810-auction-items-vca-ohio-party-march-13th-cocoa-beach.jpg

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BE SAFE !!

Im in the WA Cascades...last year I had a building collapse under snow. A decade ago we had 4' on Valentines Day.... Today? Im out feeding 15 Golden and Bald eagles ON MY PROPERTY....with salmon carcasses donated by the hatchery 2 miles down the mountain.
Take some pics!!! You are a lucky guy to live in such a place.

Reaction score
Still no snow in our area, but you never know.
I would hate if it made the Super Bowl less pleasant for the players with cold and snowy weather.
They said sunny, and upper 50's at game time brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've shoveled 4 times and am heading out one more time before bed. It's coming down as fast as I can clear it. This is crazy.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only a couple inches around 8pm, cranked up the grill and did some steaks and fired up the blu ray for a movie. Told the wife this is not going to be a big deal. Got off the couch and looked out the window at 11pm......Holy crap..more than a foot, in 2 HOURS! And drifting to 2 feet. And this is supposed to go till 7pm tomorrow??
My record is 26" deep for blasting out of the neighborhood in the Durango, got that thing parked at the top of the hill to get a running start, I may set a new record tomorrow. Low Lock, 30 MPH and keep your right foot down.
I'm from Michigan, it's just something I do.... while I laugh at all the neighbors with Chebby Suburbans who don't think they can make it until the plows come. :rolaugh:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you guys are doing better than we are. We are getting crushed here. Absolutely no let up. I have only seen one storm like it....the "storm of the century" back about 13 years ago. We have way more than a foot. Total blizzard conditions. Snow coming "down" sideways. No way road crews can keep up. Started snowing about 8 hours ago. Snow is coming from the northeast. This thing is going to be bad.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a dusting in the city 1"-2".

Stayed a few miles to our south. Don't think this storm liked our attitude ... and just turned east. :D

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to do donuts in a FWD rental.

Not if you are in reverse. :D

Roughly 18" here this morning. Still snowing like a pig.

My record is 26" deep for blasting out of the neighborhood in the Durango, got that thing parked at the top of the hill to get a running start, I may set a new record tomorrow. Low Lock, 30 MPH and keep your right foot down.
I'm from Michigan, it's just something I do....

Oh, yeah. This is my snow toy. I LOVE the deep stuff!

How is everyone doing this morning?

Attachments

• 959216630_569a958928.jpg
    959216630_569a958928.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 17

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So glad I live in New England. No snow expected here. :D
+1. Hasn't it been a strange winter with two 20" plus storms south of New England and none here. I'm in southern Fairfield county in CT near the NY border and it's dry as dry can be. If this becomes a trend, the ski resorts might have to move south on the Appalachians. :lmao:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
about 2 feet here....continuing to shovel (not enough drive/walk way to justify a blower here). The first round of shoveling sucked since there was easily 9" since shoveling last night. Staying on top of it though, so it's not so bad.

This stuff is like crack to the pit bulls...they've been out bounding around in it like a couple of gazelles.

The plow apparently skipped our cul-de-sac because there was ONE car left curbside near the entrance. He didn't hesitate to push a 4 foot high wall of snow up at the entrance to the cul-de-sac though...I'll have to pull a Lee in the Navigator and just get a running start on it. Glad we have the big steel brush guard on the front!