So do GTS's get more attention than SRT's?

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really love the paint job with the rims 97snk. The gts has the best lines but no side exhaust. I have to go with the srt. But I bought a gen 1 Primarily because it is what I think of when I think Viper (side exhaust). B/W GTS is the second thing that comes to mind for drop dead good looks.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS vs SRT will always go to GTS if they are in like colors. Throw in snakeskin green, purple and all the exotic combinations and ACR/X and you have it even. But do you care about how it looks to others or how it looks to you? Go with what YOU like.

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
fair enough...

In my opinion and Im gonna get flamed but here goes...To me the srt's look more like what i consider a modern exotic..

They are low and wide and The head lights look very nice...

to me the GTS's dont look modern day exotic what so ever..They are equally low and equally wide but the way they are curved they just dont look as exotic to me..

They look kool as hell..but to me not exotic...

OK..I take that back...From the profile and rear they look exotic. but from the front...It just kinda loses somthing from the front to me compared to the srt10...

The SRT10 just looks so clean fron the front view..And the side mirrors on the srt10's look somewaht "snake" like in my eyes..I hated the side mirrors on my gen2...Look like rugular 30K car mirrors on an 80K car...

man Im haveing a hard time trying to explain the reasons...Im gonna look for pics and it will be easier...

but i openly admit that the gts is better looking overall than a srt vert..but it gets blown away by the coupe

OK...I found a few pics....im comparing the black gts and black srt10 from the front/profile pics..To me the lines of the srt10 flow better and the side mirror on the GTS looks HUGE and out of place to me...The GTS is defiently kool looking but it still just dosent scream exotic to me the way the srt10 does..

The next comparison is my red rt10 and yellow srt10 both from the front..Again they are both awesome looking cars..But the mirrors on the gen2 again just dont flow as well as the srt10 mirrors..Am I the only one who notices how the viper went from haveing big out of place cheap looking side mirrors to side mirrors that look incrediblaly exotic...

Those mirrors on the GTS/rt10 really look like they just took them off another cheaper dodge and threw em on..

As well while I thinkk the front end of my red gen2 looks pretty kool...It just isnt touching the srt10 styling in my eyes..

But when you get to the rear of the GTS it is a totally differant story..That rear is the best desighn under 150K period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how the heck do you consider the mirrors to be the eyes of the car, versus the headlights? You and I have wildly different imaginations

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point as to me your silver/blue combo is horrid...But you obviously love it!

Are you seriously talking about the ACR in his signature? If you think thats horrid I'd hate to see what you think looks good....let me guess, your Viper is probably painted pink and it's actually a body kit on a Fiero right?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT10s performance equalled the GTSs on the dragstrip because of the heavy runcraps. The heavier Zero Pressure Tires were also a compromise on the road course. To get the tiny performance improvement of the Gen3s the Gen4 PS2 tires, Nittos or some other better tire is required.

Stock *****. Stock Cats have caused cars to burn and that's why Dodge had to build a 4 oxy sensor system. The Gov demanded it to make it impossible (with old technology and the laws they invented) to remove the Catylitic Convertors and the ECU has the provision to ruin the emissions and fuel mileage to protect the Cat from "damage" by stuffing extra fuel into the engine.

While removing/upgrading the Cats and changing out the exhaust for a better sounding and performing exhaust system ther entire car's image changes. Can't notice the vast improvment until you start the engine, but the improvment is huge. That's the reason there is so many exhaust threads on these forums (with videos). At VOI X I spoke with the Corsa tech at his display and he informed me that only the Gen 2s can sound like Gen 2s because the rest are simpler and 'non-euro' conforming with side exhaust. He said that the Gen 2s have unparalleled sound because of the Mellow tones that only the length of the rear exit exhaust can produce.

Ted

V

Venomiss

This might get some attention.
Even more if you win.
Can't win without a ticket.:D
VCA_SSG_Raffle2.jpg

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're obviously going to get a biased answer in the Gen II section, but it really is a tough question to answer (not a bad thing if you own a Viper!). The Gen II GTS is truely timeless, it just looks good, plain and simple. I'm not a big fan of the Gen III vert 'tail section (nor the RT/10 for that matter), it looks incomplete without the wing. I absolutely love the Gen IV coupes, I think they hit the nail on the head. I still can't decide which one I like more, it's like picking between Bad Boys 1 and Bad Boys 2, they are both good, but the majority of the public will side with the latter simply because it is newer.

This shot makes the decision so much harder, they both look great:

7212d1270910955-so-do-gtss-get-more-attention-than-srts-100_0278.jpg

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again both great cars..but theirs a reason that people at buying used 03-06 verts..because they look awesome as well...it is a hard choice and I thought about a gts vs srt10 for a solid month after I wrecked my rt10...the truth is though that when I would cruise with my friends who had gts's and id see a srt10 id always feel like the srt10 was far superior...450 rwhp stock and a touch button start ect...not to mention the seats...and then the hood with the strakes that were actually all one pieace...unlike how my rt10 had two squares were the strakes were inserted into the hood....

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's say a C6 Vette and an SRT10 Coupe and a GTS all solid color and all the same color pull into the local hangout at the same time on a Friday night... I'm thinking that the GTS garners more interest...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha...

No it would not!!!!!!!!!!!! The newer more powerful version always gets the attention...Let a 2008 600HP vert roll up that looks exactly like my 2003 and watch the attention it gets even though they look the same...

I have never seen a srt10 coupe on the street..Seen rt10's and gts's and srt10 verts but never a 2006-2010 coupe..It is the rarest of all vipers...You bring a srt10 coupe here to hawaii and you might as well be driving a merci

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Homie, I too believe the GTS's are sexier even though I have a 2006 SRT coupe. The lines are curvier. My old 95 yellow gen 1 got more attention. maybe because people could see me better and assumed I was a movie star or something.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 GTS with no badges. People ask all the time "what is that". I'll have the 05 SRT in 10 days or so (painted lambo pearl white). Will be curious in the difference. The GTS has a rollcage and parachute so it gets attention for that.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea a roll cage and parachute may garnish just a lil attention..he he he

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha...

No it would not!!!!!!!!!!!! The newer more powerful version always gets the attention...Let a 2008 600HP vert roll up that looks exactly like my 2003 and watch the attention it gets even though they look the same...

I have never seen a srt10 coupe on the street..Seen rt10's and gts's and srt10 verts but never a 2006-2010 coupe..It is the rarest of all vipers...You bring a srt10 coupe here to hawaii and you might as well be driving a merci

Yes it would! LOL, my 950bhp GTS gets the trophies at the car shows. And my 2000 ACR (Paxton/Nitrous) dyno sheet shows 802rwhp or about 922bhp(?) My wheels are nicer than msot Vipers and both my Vipers are lowered and have polished superchargers with quite a few other dressups and modifications

Drive the 600bhp Gen 4 past a crowd of people and everyone will be amazed as the stock Gen4s sounds the best out of all the stock Vipers. Drive my 2000 ACR with Corsa and Hiflows past and it will outclass the Gen 4 because of the Corsa exhuast and the Venom spoiler with CHROMED BBS wheels. Then drive my 708 camm'd 2001 Sapphire/silver Roe supercharged, VR1 Billet wheeled, headers, cat delete and Corsa race exhaust while it's rumbling and running rough and it will cause all the others before it to pale in comparison.

When I drive my 440 Duster to a car show everyone has to stop what they're doing until I drive past. It sounds like a muffled race car. Once the engine is shut off it becomes another Big Block Hemi Orange Duster.

Exhaust sound is as important to a car as the looks, color and shine of the car.

Ted

Last edited:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha...

Your first paragraph is referring to ONLY enthusiasts, other Viper owners, and car guys. In this case, I might agree that an 08 and up would pull more attention than a STOCK GTS. But for the masses, no way. I have been to quit a few evens with SRT's and GTS's and I can tell you that the GTS's have always got the most attention. The only SRT that consistantly pulls more attention is the new ACR...but thats to be expected.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're talking about looks alone then the color and the wheels and lowering stance etc are FAR more important than generation or GTS vs. SRT! Any Viper gets more attention than any Corvette if they are the only 2 cars around, but in a group of Vipers the bright colors, lowered stance, and flashy rims get more attention. We had 26 Vipers at a car show in NY and for the people who don't know one generation from another they were most drawn to a red '03 convertible, custom red/graphite ACR style paint, lowered, red/chrome rims.
Sample: The only thing you can't get a sense of from this picture is how LOW the car looks - it sits almost on the ground and the 'vert helps that image... by my logic a street serpent with a bright paint color would get even more attention. (including more attention than a dark colored GTS)

You must be registered for see images attach

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha...

You sure put a lot of FAIL into your posts in this thread.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have bet anything my 97 B/W would have gotten more attention, but so far I get more camera phones and thumbs up in my ACR than I did in my GTS. I'm surprised how many people out there know what an ACR is. Either way your a Rockstar. Your Steven Tyler or **** Jager you cant go wrong either way.
Dan
Nice ACR Danno! :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to compare the GTS to the newer ACR. To do a proper comparison you'd need to compare the Venom or perhaps the GTS/R to the newer SRT10 ACR?

Unfiar comparison - being that the ACR isn't monotone and has wings. The GTS has no wings except for the Venom and the GTS/R (and added wings like the Venom wing on my 00 ACR and Mopar Boys GTS).

I do like the newer ACR looks more than the GTS, but once the GTS has stripes, nice wheels and a wing I like the GTS more.

Ted

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're talking about looks alone then the color and the wheels and lowering stance etc are FAR more important than generation or GTS vs. SRT! Any Viper gets more attention than any Corvette if they are the only 2 cars around, but in a group of Vipers the bright colors, lowered stance, and flashy rims get more attention. We had 26 Vipers at a car show in NY and for the people who don't know one generation from another they were most drawn to a red '03 convertible, custom red/graphite ACR style paint, lowered, red/chrome rims.
Sample: The only thing you can't get a sense of from this picture is how LOW the car looks - it sits almost on the ground and the 'vert helps that image... by my logic a street serpent with a bright paint color would get even more attention. (including more attention than a dark colored GTS)

That is a beautiful Vert , that paint scheme looks great on that car .:2tu:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree its the color rims and stance. :2tu:
All that attention transfers to the police as well.
You would get noticed speeding ect driving this car pictured...more than lets say a silver one. I would rather have this one. :p

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cops are like every one else. Good one, bad ones. Since traffic cops spend most of their life in a hp car chasing speeders and all are required to take HP driving lessons most cops appreciate the Viper and it's capabilities. I've never gotten a ticket in my Vipers. I have been pulled over in all of them except the 2000ACR and although all 3 were loud, all 3 had silver stripes and nicer wheels than stock, I've never been ticketed.

At VOI X a Detroit cop told me that he thought that I had to have smarts to own a Viper GTS and if he saw me going 150mph he would expect that I was doing it "safely" and wouldn't give me a ticket for that! Wife was amazed. She'd prefer I got tickets everytime I go 5mph past the speed limit. Many cops realize that Vipers can stop in half the distance of most cars/minivans/pickups and suvs.

Most cops I've met display good attention towards Vipers.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Post Gen II Vipers look a lot like a certain Chevy, which are about as common on the road as a Camry. Draw your own conclusions.

Haha, Jeff you obviously meant Gen3s since none of the Gen 2s look anything like a vette. They didn't even copy the clamshell hood or R/T "sport bar" in the later vettes. GM even waited until '09 before "borrowing" PS2s for their ZR1.

The vette is only slightly similar to the Gen 3s because of the similar style of hood. The 06 and onward vented hoods are completely different than any vette hood ever made, expecially the ZR1 with it's clear plastic "window" that shows the aircleaner :lmao:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GEN-4 got too much attention recently - by a cop.
No FLP.:crazy2:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Post Gen II Vipers look a lot like a certain Chevy, which are about as common on the road as a Camry. Draw your own conclusions.

Haha, Jeff you obviously meant Gen3s since none of the Gen 2s look anything like a vette. They didn't even copy the clamshell hood or R/T "sport bar" in the later vettes. GM even waited until '09 before "borrowing" PS2s for their ZR1.

Certainly. That's why I said post Gen II Vipers. ;)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Certainly. That's why I said post Gen II Vipers. ;)

I knew that's what you meant, I think I just read it too fast.

The newer Gens are to make it easier for the vette guys to change over with less shock. :rolaugh:

Skeeter Blanton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a good looking woman in the grocery store yesterday tell me she would leave her family for my newly acquired 01 bumble bee.....No woman has come close to that about my 08 viper blue/silver stripe coupe....Case settled......::lmao: