So I canceled my MY 13

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had posted in another thread that I had canceled my 13 GTS only because I am going to be out on the road for the next 2 months and I didn't want it sitting on the showroom floor AND I want a MY 14.

I was at the dealer yesterday and he showed me an email that they had received that clearly states

"I've highlighted the wave #2 section - the balance of wave 2 units will be built as '14 MY. After all the wave #2 units have been completed, the balance will be allocated as '14 MY to the dealers."

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder exactly what that means, if you know could you clarify? I thought they cancelled the second wave a while back, and snuck a few second wavers into the end of the first wave.

Now I am wondering if some of the remaining cars, even early orders like mine, will be built as 2014s?

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Very interesting new developments....how can that be Todd? (I'm in a similar boat as you!!)...'cause as stated previously our colour isn't a 2014 option.....I'm thinking you (and hopefully me) are considered part of the first wave and will be built accordingly!!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe I was a second wavers that snuck into wave 1....not so sure that's a good thing at this point. as far as 2014 cars, it is my understanding that October would be the first rolling in minus any delays...and we all know about them delays....I think fall delivery sux, as does winter delivery but they are better than the no delivery that we have lol

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys that stick with the order, and receive 2013 MY cars, are gonna be owners of a real 'limited edition' car.
Being that the production run is short, due to whatever,.....there will only be a handful of 2013's on the planet.

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the 2013's and the 2014's going to be essentially the same car-just different colors?-Or are there other changes in the works?

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if given the option of having my car designated a 2013 and receiving it in June (hopefully) or a 2014 with a fall delivery date..I would take the 2013. Don't want a fall delivery just in time for winterizing the car. P.S. I guess it doesn't matter if you live in warm climate region

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good point about sticking with 2013 if you were able to get into wave 1 (or the only wave) of ordering as they will be limited. My guess is production will be limited to 700 units. Agree the customs ironically will be more limited than the numbered launch edition cars which I don't think was the original intent.

As for 14's I do think besides additional colors certain bugs will be worked out. They usually are on second and subsequent years of new generation vehicles. Guessing ride and suspension will be tweaked and possible other improvements.

Its such an exciting car that I believe its worth the wait and therefore I'm hanging in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_