So... my 02 GTS is for sale - heeeelp

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please somebody tell me real estate is more important than a Viper and this sacrifice will pay back in the future. Even if not so...

The car is in the classifieds section...

alex
few cars

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of a great story from one of our fellow posters (who can ID himself if he wants). He wanted to change his life so he quit his job and cashed out his 401k then used the money to buy a brand new GTS. After a month or so his old job made him an offer he could not refuse so he ended up going back to work. Then another month later the stock market started its most recent "correction." He said he would sit with his co-workers at lunch and all they would do is complain about how they lost all their 401k balance in the market. When they asked him how the market had affected his 401k he would just point out the window to his Viper in the parking lot and say it had no effect at all. Not sure if that helps or hinders your decision. I just thought it was a great story.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real estate is almost always a good investment and cars are almost always a poor investment, but it's all perspective. Heck, real estate can be a great move, when it's for your new multi-car garage ;)

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God forbid but what if you die tomorrow! The real estate will go to your family and you didn't get to enjoy the Viper! You only live once keep the damn car!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You probably made the right move. I have been holding off on the Viper and looking at real estate but have not found the right property yet. I do have the Z06 to hold me over though. I need to get back down to florida and start looking again. What color and how much?

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as long as your not buying a property with taxes as high as the state of n.j.....$300k house = $10k+ taxes a year x 10 years= $100,000 waisted dollars for trash removal!!!! where's the profit????... unless your renting out property,"positive cash flow",it doesn't sound like to good a move(in certain areas) for second properties...taxes,utilities,upkeep,etc... if you get a property cheap enough in a good area and can flip it within a year for a substantial profit,that's the move!!! do your homework and go with it;don't always rely on other people's views. :confused:

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually, they are rental properties that are supposed to cashflow with almost no money down. however, vacancies are currently a problem (hence the fairly low prices of apartment buildings)... we will see.

alex
few cars

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bump... (this is harder than i thought)...

alex
few cars

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex,

I'm going through a similar situation as you right now. Do I sell the Viper to help with the down payment on the home, or do I just finance the extra amount? I'm actually considering keeping the car at this point since 60K extra on a mortgage isn't really that bad right now.

Good luck with whatever you happen to choose, but I do agree with the mantra above that life is too short. :)

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the money for my viper bought my 1st rental.I paid for it and then took loan for srt.The rent pays car payment,and property.I then am able to use the equity in property to use as purchase of another.And i get write off on taxes.Also the property equals out the depr.of the car.One goes up the other goes down.

Also are you positive you want to be landloard?Talk to many before you do.Many try and find they hate it and sell quicklly.Sometimes losing some monies.

just my .005 cent

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am already a landlord.. been for a while.. it is just that i am up at the next level and the cash outlay is more than i thought. the car needs to go, so i lowered the price a bit... i hope i dont start second-guessing myself. from what i see out there my car is priced very well.

alex
few cars

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realestate is rarely ever a bad investment. The Stock Market will make you more % $$$ over time historically speaking, but with everything, there is obvious risk. Use the equity in your property to finance your next toy.

Depending on your class of renters, a landlords job can be no fun. It directly relates to the level of the property you are renting out. Buy cheap properties, deal with low end troublesome renters....

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember back in late 99/early 2000 when people were taking home equity loans to buy internet stocks.

Now people are selling hard assets (dream cars?) to buy real estate. Real estate that is already experiencing vacancy issues.

Bubble? No. Never. Can't happen.

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cobramadness, you have mail.

alex
few cars

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just starting to dabble in RE and yes... it's a good move. Play your cards right and you will have both RE & a Viper again.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please somebody tell me real estate is more important than a Viper and this sacrifice will pay back in the future. Even if not so...

The car is in the classifieds section...

alex
few cars

Of course it is, I am a real estate agent ;) .

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car got sold today. i have never missed a car in my life (and i bought and sold lots of cars)- but i guess there is a first for everything. i hope it was worth it and one day.... eh

alex
few cars

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys all this talk about real estate and rental properties. I have 2 rentals in Las Vegas. There is ONE bad thing about rentals. Thats when your tennant bounces a check on you. You call them, and they never answer your calls or return your messages. Then next thing you know. You have to evict them. And before you get new tennants. You have to change the carpets and do some painting. Cuz the old tennants thrashed your place.

Proud owner 97 GTS blue white stripes

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys all this talk about real estate and rental properties. I have 2 rentals in Las Vegas. There is ONE bad thing about rentals. Thats when your tennant bounces a check on you. You call them, and they never answer your calls or return your messages. Then next thing you know. You have to evict them. And before you get new tennants. You have to change the carpets and do some painting. Cuz the old tennants thrashed your place.

Proud owner 97 GTS blue white stripes

You have to change the carpets

lol then before long the carpet guys are driving vipers lol :2tu: