So What brand of headers are these???

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are Borlas. They are their first design part #17078

1813DSC00823-med.JPG

I have them on my car. Borla redesigned to the collector style rather than this flange type. They were just as expensive back then as they are now. I'm sure someone will point out the improvement. Probably the size of the primary tubes and the collector.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on my car.
No offense intended, but isn't pulling the engine out to install headers a bit extreme? :bonker: :D

LOL! :bonker:

It would seem that way. No I had my motor out at that time for some mods. Mostly heads and a cam. I wanted to mock those headers up prior to reinstalling my motor. I had to elongate a couple of bolt holes since these headers are for a GenII. They bolt to a GenI but with some modification. I didn't want to modify the headers once the motor was in.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is 19 sets available from this guy on Ebay.

Borla 17078 Headers

It's been a few years since they made them. Those must be new old stock. I bet he's not selling many of them at that price. I bought mine brand new for half that because they were the old design. MSRP on these back then were $1800. Funny thing is he doesn't show any pics of them. If he did them most would know they are the old style. Hope that helps

OP
OP
C

crossram440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, wish mine looked as good as yours!, I think I will have to pull mine off and get them coated this winter. The exhaust looks just as Ratty but is 3" all the way out.I would have to assume that this is a full early Borla system. Thank You for pulling your engine so you could show me your headers, Way to go over and beyond the call of duty.

Ok, so how did you get my picture to post right on the thread??, I tried that and it didn't work so I posted the link to my gallery pics.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, wish mine looked as good as yours!, I think I will have to pull mine off and get them coated this winter. The exhaust looks just as Ratty but is 3" all the way out.I would have to assume that this is a full early Borla system. Thank You for pulling your engine so you could show me your headers, Way to go over and beyond the call of duty.

Ok, so how did you get my picture to post right on the thread??, I tried that and it didn't work so I posted the link to my gallery pics.

They only looked that good back then because they were new. They now look like yours do. I've thought about coating mine too.

Why does everyone think I pulled my engine out to take that pic for you ? :bonker:

The easiest way to post pics in your posts is..................well................It's not easy :curse:

Once you have loaded a picture in your gallery click on that picture to bring it up. Once the picture is up right click it and check properties. There you will find it's web address. I usually right click that address and copy it in the Instant UBB code on the bottom right hand corner of the posting area. You already know where that is because you posted your link. There you will find Image. Click image and copy your pictures address in the box. It will show up as

[image]www.viperclub.org/blah blah blah[/image]

If you right click a picture while it is a thumbnail and copy it's address it will show up as a thumbnail.

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look just like the out of production ****** headers that are on my car. The collector looks identical although the ****** headers were ceramic coated. I wonder if Borla bought the ****** design as ****** last made these 2 or 3 years ago? MGH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32