So what gets more attention--coup or verts?

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether the coupes or verts get more looks and attention. I know they both get a ton but does anyone know from experience gets more?

My guess would be, from first to last,

1. Vert with top down
2. Coupe
3. Vert with top up

But that is just a WAG :)

Thanks!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether the coupes or verts get more looks and attention. I know they both get a ton but does anyone know from experience gets more?

My guess would be, from first to last,

1. Vert with top down
2. Coupe
3. Vert with top up

But that is just a WAG :)

Thanks!
Waas up my Homie? Playa got best game in da COUPE IMO

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In regard to women, 10% would wander toward the SSG ACR coupe. The other 90% would mosey over toward the (any year)Viper conv(with the top down,they want to be seen as well) Bonus points if the color matches their fingernails, Double pts if the car color is close to Guards Red Porsche.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Convertible, top down
Convertible, top up
Others - some don't even notice hard roofed cars of any type....

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
true car enthusiast...coupe all the way.. more rigid and a slightly better track car do to this. Also the coupe just plain and simply has better curves at the rear...

But to the average person who isnt really into cars....Vert all the way. Vert screams $$$ and Koolness...As well the verts are usually more expensive on all other cars...A fully optioned C5 will cost you 54K..A fully optioned C6 vert will cost you 61K..Same with ferrari's ect..

Im a car guy and coupe all the way...

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
true car enthusiast...coupe all the way.. more rigid and a slightly better track car do to this. Also the coupe just plain and simply has better curves at the rear...

But to the average person who isnt really into cars....Vert all the way. Vert screams $$$ and Koolness...As well the verts are usually more expensive on all other cars...A fully optioned C5 will cost you 54K..A fully optioned C6 vert will cost you 61K..Same with ferrari's ect..

Rock on! :2tu::2tu::2tu:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, ACR shouldn't count. That's just not a fair comparison. As far at vert with top down being better than top up..... I would say, don't be so sure. Top down is sleek and stylish, but top up makes it look meaner.

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here's a sample in my opinion of classy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feeling is: maximize fun while minimizing attention gathering... Stay away from the crazy colors, and pay attention to driving - not what other people are staring at. I know, I probably sound old, but I'm sick of the attention (undeserved) that these cars generate. I'm just a regular guy who bought a car that's not much more expensive than a Lexus, and for some reason everyone thinks it's worthy of paying attention to.

OP
OP
H

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the ACR makes it such an attention getter? Isn't the only difference from a regular coupe the wing and color? I guess it would be pretty easy to turn the regular coupe into an ACR look-alike?

How does the ACR wing look on a vert? :)

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got together with some friends yesterday and parked outside BB for a while. People were pulling into the parking lot to check out the snakes. Hands down the favorite was the black/white striped Viper coupe. I think striped Vipers get more attention.:2tu:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the girl is hot. It depends on who is being polled. Most guy/ woman enthusiast would prefer the coupe with stripes. I like the look of the coupe more, but prefer the versatility of the vert. Top down, way more attention from the ladies. Hardtop on, way more thumbs up from the guys.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Twister...car guys like the coupe more, but average people like the vert more, because they think its cooler/more money etc.

Hell, I have a Vert because I love top-down driving, but if I was gonna stare at one all day, it would be the coupe ten times out of ten!

I'll throw one more caveat in the mix...a lowered Vert looks reallll low, and thats something the couple can't compete with