Soft top for an RT/10 question.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Used stuff for the cars is all about supply and demand. The older/rarer the car, the more you're at the mercy of the seller. I've learned this the hard way.

A Gen. I soft top from Chrysler is $4500, but Jon B will get you one for $3500 (as of April-May). I've seen used ones go for a few hundred bucks on here and on Ebay. It depends on what year it's for, condition, etc.

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"A Gen. I soft top from Chrysler is $4500, but Jon B will get you one for $3500"
if anyone pays that much please pass me what you are smoking

OP
OP
G

grads2112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to get rid of one and it came off of my 96 so is it a gen. 2? Wasn't 96 the first year of the gen. 2? But my 96 didn't have windows so I'm not sure.

OP
OP
G

grads2112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the top is a gen 1. The 96's are kind of weird as they have some gen 1 and gen 2 parts. Some clarification would be helpful.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"A Gen. I soft top from Chrysler is $4500, but Jon B will get you one for $3500"....if anyone pays that much please pass me what you are smoking

Some folks WANT new vs used......on a NEW TOP, NEW IN BOX, PartsRack is 27% off MSRP.......( -27% on parts over $1000.)

So if you have an INSURED claim, you might want a NEW top, which insurance pays for. If you take your insurance settlement, and then buy our USED top you save lots more, and could even be $$ ahead new OR used.

We aim to please ....... new or used. "THE YEAR MATTERS"

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to get rid of one and it came off of my 96 so is it a gen. 2? Wasn't 96 the first year of the gen. 2? But my 96 didn't have windows so I'm not sure.

Your car is technically a Gen 1.5. Gen 1 engine, no windows, interior. Gen 2 exhaust, suspension and whatever else I'm forgetting.

It looks like the top is a gen 1. The 96's are kind of weird as they have some gen 1 and gen 2 parts. Some clarification would be helpful.

I think 94-96 tops interchange. Check with one of the vendors to be sure before you purchase.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The depth of the bolts that go into the windshield frame vary from year to year, along with a few other quirks like the way the side supports anchor to the front piece.

I bought what I thought was a top from a 1994, but it turned out it's from a 1996 because it has the screws that anchor the side supports vs the sliding latch mechanism (so I was told). It's not SUPPOSED to fit my car (1993), but it did.

I haven't attempted another 100+ mph run to see just HOW attached it is, but it's on there and fits snugger than the used and abused original top that blew off.

OP
OP
G

grads2112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is technically a Gen 1.5. Gen 1 engine, no windows, interior. Gen 2 exhaust, suspension and whatever else I'm forgetting.

I think 94-96 tops interchange. Check with one of the vendors to be sure before you purchase.
I'm trying to get rid of the top and I just want to make sure I don't give a potential buyer the wrong information. Thanks.

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soft top taken off a 96RT-10 when purchased and hardtop installed. like new and in bag. $2250

[media]http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/catalog_379_542.jpg[/media]

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i need the side rails, anyone can help...?? or a good soft top in good price??

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have new OEM / NOS still in Box....Fits 94/95. Open to Offers.

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some folks WANT new vs used......on a NEW TOP, NEW IN BOX, PartsRack is 27% off MSRP.......( -27% on parts over $1000.)

"So if you have an INSURED claim, you might want a NEW top, which insurance pays for. If you take your insurance settlement, and then buy our USED top you save lots more, and could even be $$ ahead new OR used.

blah blah blah.......take a hit and chill out man

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"So if you have an INSURED claim, you might want a NEW top, which insurance pays for. If you take your insurance settlement, and then buy our USED top you save lots more, and could even be $$ ahead new OR used.

blah blah blah.......take a hit and chill out man

I stand behind JonB's claim. I had a accident with mine and Jon was able to get me LOTS of parts. With EXCELLENT prices!! Sometimes I wanted ORIGINAL (expensive), sometimes USED (cheap), sometimes AFTERMARKET (different). It was an isurance claim, made perfect sence to use him.

What's your problem? I think you need to sit in a refridgerator few minutes.:rolaugh:

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, just have to find out exactly the parts i need and decide what to do, buy an entire top or just buy the rear bar.
Thanks

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone that may have a soft top rear bar for a 94 RT? i will apreciate it!.