Soft Top Side Rails Broken

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, something really bad happen while i was transporting my car and now i need some opinion about it.

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
transporting the car from city to city, both side rails broke!! dont know how, but havent got them to pay for them... so i need to fix them, or buy used ones, the new ones are too crazy for me..!!! too much money

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its a 94 RT/10, and sure i will send the broken side rails pics... and hope i get some help finding some used ones haha, do you sold the one you had?? Venom

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like the car was transported without the front latches locked and wind got under the top somehow (on a wrecker or open transport vehicle maybe?) and flipped the top backwards. I don't have any spare softtop parts, sorry.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely looks like front latches were not closed and locked before driving. Try Ebay someone had a soft top on there for spare parts for a good price. If not use some JB Weld where it is broken and fabricate some brackets and hope for the best.

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly....take it from a guy whos top is has been in pieces in the basement since my father jettisoned my top 6 years ago! The parts are not easy to find. By looking at your pics you have not only side rail damage but also severe front and rear support damage and those are actually glued to the top. Not to be a bad news bear but it looks like the only good pieces you have left are the support rods in the middle. I am only looking for a drivers side support rail due to a crack in my new top that has now rendered this top useless. :dunno:

viper_soft_top_001.jpg

viper_soft_top_002.jpg

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, the car was being transported and dont know why the driver unlocked the latches, they did try to camuflage the problem and they did great putting it back pretty good, because when i was driving taking off from the delivery offices, just shifting to second gear not even at 50 mph it just flew and a big crack noise was herd and this is the result. But they dont want to pay!, saying i already left the offices. (i came back 3 min. latter)

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
let me see what im going to do wity it BomboViper and i will let you know for sure if i get a new one i will sell this for parts. Thanks for your advice.

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its a company name TRACOMEX, they ship all the new vehicles for Dodge Dealers (vipers, etc.), they work in USA and also in Mexico thats why i trusted them!!! and here is the result of it. They just dont wanna be responsable for anything, not even with the truck insurance wich they have one!! I wanted to go further but they just told me to call theyre lawyers... so the company *****!!!!