Solutions.......

Reaction score
........hopefully tonight.
About to take my car to Mom's this weekend and I pull it out of the garage and there is oil on the floor.
Look around the car and find that about 1 drop per ten seconds, at idle, is coming from the sender unit for the oil pressure idiot light.(It has been malfunctioning for a couple of weeks).
Looks like I could change it
BUT
where can I get one tonight or early tommorrow?
HELP????????????

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news.

1 drop per ten secs = 10 min per quart
confused.gif
, how long is your trip???
tongue.gif

I highly doubt you will find one unless, you are a personal friend of someone that works for a very large dealer or John B is you neighbor.

On a different note, teflon tape might do the trick if you think it just a seal arount one of the fitaments. Just a thought....

Happy Thanksgiving

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
90 miles.

Lets see, if I average 120 mph, that's 20 miles per 10 minutes, AND I'd only need 5 quarts AND I have 3 quarts in the garage.

Of course if it leaks faster at higher RPMs then all my calculations are for naught.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
No Chief parts stores in this area.
I have the sender out, if I had a brass plug with the same threading I'd put that in. Too bad Walmart doesn't carry parts; I'd be in business. I'm thinking of glopping up the inside of the unit with silicone, letting it set and reinstalling that. It seems the way the unit is designed that there is no flow inside the sensor so the silicone likely wouldn't want to work its way out. But then I'd just have to take the sender out again Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc