Some pics of "winter" driving

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because the winter here in austria is tooooo long i take every chance to drive the car,
when the streets are dry.... :D:D:D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Greetings from austria

Rainer

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful! Just watch those cold tires!!! I'd hate for you to get snake-bit up there in the mountains and have to eat your seats to survive! :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant find the pic from 2 years ago drving thru virginia on rt 95 south on the way to DLM in the snow....

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 113

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice pics!

I try to get mine out a couple times in the winter when the roads are dry just to stretch her legs a bit.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY COOL! I like seeing this because i also take my car out in the winter even if there is sand and crap on the road, as long as they are dry, it takes only about 10 or 15 minutes max to clean off the crap. As long as you have a lot of good stuff on the paint and wheels you are fine.... The Viper runs BETTER in cold weather!

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
after a 1200 mile trek during blizzard of 09

You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ummm, well, ... (embarrassed) ... the wife and I are the only people I know that have survived a Head-on collision with a loaded Semi at highway speeds. Tropical rain storm and dips in highway cause my runcraps to hydroplane and spin donuts until hitting the Freightliners front bumper. Truck driver got a broken wrist. Us, not even a bruise. That accident made me "famous" in that area and I have been clocked with radar at 80+mph along that highway twice last year and ... NO tickets.

[img=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4601/copyofviperhires089.jpg]

It's Guardian Angels Leslie. :)

Ted

V

Venomiss

Nice pictures and very clean road over there. Ours are not so clean right now and full of ice patches.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wife and I flew to Ohare and rented a KIA/POS, then drove to the Pekin neighborhood, looked at the Doctor's Roe sc'd GTS. He freaked out when I asked for a test drive. "There was puddles on the road in some places," he said. So the wife and I headed down to Ringgold Georgia in the POS and checked out a Roe supercharged 2001 ACR. The ACR must have had straight pipe exhaust and the steering wheel had a bad shimmy at 70mph and at 80 mph was nearly impossible to hold the wheel. We took it back, declined waiting for a wheel alignment (they could have done that BEFORE I travelled thousands of miles to look at the car??? The Dealership's owner had a 97 Blue/white Roe supercharged car that sounded wicked and consistently went 10.5 with DR on it. That car sounded awesome, drove like a dream ... but had 50Kmiles on it. Price was $53,000 so I passed. Drove all the way back to Pekin and test drove the 98 Red/silver GTS. I did an accidental drift going down the freeway entrance ramp and passed a cop that was driving down the freeway - then pulled onto the freeway in front of him! I slowed to the speed limit (100mph > 60mph) and he just drove by us. The car drove nicely and the Doctor told me that there were 4 rock chips on the front of the car. It was awesome with lightweight rotors, 10 spoke wheels and Random Tech exhaust. Bought it and drove home to BC with a stop in Calgary to visit the in-laws and even though we waited for 3 days there, the snow wouldn't quit, so we drove out of Calgary in the snow.

I would never recommend anyone drive a Viper, especially a Roe sc'd Viper cross-continent in February, but it was an experience to remember. Got pulled over by the RCMP in Williams Lake so that they could ask me "What the hell are you doing driving this car in winter?" A vette is OK to drive in Winter - not a Viper? LOL.

Ted

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those "mud flaps" on the back? Some would hate that, but I think it is a good idea, but I just never have seen any for a Viper. The Viper needs something behind the front and back wheels to protect the paint. I wish someone made something for the Gen 2. I had some on my C6 Vette that looked great and were actually painted the color of the car and blended in very nice. Iwish there was something like that for the Viper. Anyone out there know of anything let me know.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top down!

PA140143small.jpg

That picture was taken during the drivers training at the Nuerburgring in October 2007. :eater:
+1000 miles over the long weekend. :omg:
Temperatures BELOW freezing and always OPEN. :drive:
300 miles on the race track alone! :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are those "mud flaps" on the back? Some would hate that, but I think it is a good idea, but I just never have seen any for a Viper. The Viper needs something behind the front and back wheels to protect the paint. I wish someone made something for the Gen 2. I had some on my C6 Vette that looked great and were actually painted the color of the car and blended in very nice. Iwish there was something like that for the Viper. Anyone out there know of anything let me know.

I used Generic/flat mudflaps and trimmed them down to fit the way I wanted. I also installed the same on the front. I live down a gravel road.

With my Sapphire GTS I have a Mopar bra that I use that saved most of the paint chips on the nose of my car. Unfortunately, no mudflaps and that means that the middle of my side sills has serious paint issues although the rear quarters have no paint chips.

I have another set of generic mudflaps hanging on my wall and plan to repaint the side sills by next summer (when I paint my Venom spoiler?).

Ted

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top down!

PA140143small.jpg

That picture was taken during the drivers training at the Nuerburgring in October 2007. :eater:

Now that is what I call dedication! 1000+ Miles in below freezing temperature with the top off? Wow, is all I can say! Props to you since I could never do something like that.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY COOL! I like seeing this because i also take my car out in the winter even if there is sand and crap on the road, as long as they are dry, it takes only about 10 or 15 minutes max to clean off the crap. As long as you have a lot of good stuff on the paint and wheels you are fine.... The Viper runs BETTER in cold weather!

Nice to see you are driving it like it should be driven.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jesus, you need a full synthetic mask for that kind of punishment.

Nick

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top down!

PA140143small.jpg

I don't see how you can fit in the car with the top on. You look like you are out by about 3".