Some Stupid Parents & My Car

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Golden Corral today pigging on the breakfast buffet, Car was parked just outside the window where I could watch it in a perfect spot that no one can physically park next to it. In pulls a car with this guy, two girls, and two small boys. When they open the doors the two small boys peel out of the car and are running at my car like no ones business. They immediately plant their hands and faces on my windows. They were small enough that I thought they were going to try and climb up on the side sills to see inside. The parents just stood there watching. After the kids had their look see they walk in the place and go sit down. I started to get up to walk over to the parents and say something but the misses said let it go. I did, but I tell you I was really pissed at those parents. Not at all at the kids, it isn't their fault for the way they are being brought up to not respect others property. Car is fine, no harm no foul, just had to vent.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this story is indicative of how some (not all) parents just don't give a **** about other people's property. It would've taken a minute maybe for the parents to explain to the kids why they shouldn't touch the Viper (i.e. respect other people's property). I see this all the time be it cars, shopping, etc. Although if there's a bright spot to this story you made the kids' day today...they'll probably tell all their friends about the cool Viper they saw and touched.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you close enough to the car so that you could've pushed the 'panic' button on your remote?:D:omg::D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, id shout at the kids but louder at the parents for their stupidity.

yelling at the kids to help them thenext time they think of doing it

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you close enough to the car so that you could've pushed the 'panic' button on your remote?:D:omg::D

Actually I was close enough to have hit the panic button, but was just jaw dropped dumb founded watching this unfold through the window and didn't think of it at the momemnt. I told my wife later that that was exactly what I should have done. Hind sight is always 20/20, but as I said no harm no foul. I clean my car after every drive. I was chuckling while cleaning and wiping the hand prints and smiley faces printed on the windows. Just stupid parents ****** me off. Thats why society ***** for the most part. It does take a village to raise a kid cause you cannot depend on the parents to do it in far to many cases.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly why I carry several Matchbox Vipers in my trunk. When this happens to me, I get out one toy per kid, and give it to them with a loud message that the parents can hear- "here is aViper of your very own to play with, but you have to promise me to NOT TOUCH any one else's Viper...OK?" If they agree then I give them the toy Viper.

I always feel better after I (hopefully) taught the kids a lesson, and perhaps it might have sunk into the parents heads too!

Just another way to handle the situation....:headbang:
PBR

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly why I carry several Matchbox Vipers in my trunk. When this happens to me, I get out one toy per kid, and give it to them with a loud message that the parents can hear- "here is aViper of your very own to play with, but you have to promise me to NOT TOUCH any one else's Viper...OK?" If they agree then I give them the toy Viper.

I always feel better after I (hopefully) taught the kids a lesson, and perhaps it might have sunk into the parents heads too!

Just another way to handle the situation....:headbang:
PBR

Cool - got to remember that one. Would have been handy today. Thanks for the tip, that would have been a good way to have handled this situation today.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would be upset, but it isn't that they touched a "viper", its that they touched an other persons car. Even if it was a 86 civic, its still not yours so have respect for it.

But yeah those kids were definitly excited!!!

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I walked out out of my house about a week ago as this little girl and her dad walked by. They stopped to admire the car, then she runs at the rear and puts a foot up on the rear facia and starts climbing on the car. What does dad do? Looks and laughs... I shoot him a *** look and shoulder shrug and he finally figures it out and pulls her off the car.

What the hell is wrong with people these days? Where's the respect? :dunno:

Paul Ronald: The Matchbox Viper idea is perfect. I'm gonna have to hijack that from you. Thanks for the great idea. :2tu:

Fast Too: At least you could see what they were doing. Imagine how peeved you would have been if you came out of the restaurant and witnessed such an atrocity. You have a lot of patience or a very good wife, because I probably would have made a scene in the joint while having a "chat" with the parents. :censored:

Or you can look at this way... You get to drive a Viper while that guy has to roll around in a mini van with his four rambunctious kids. Sometimes that's sweet justice enough for me... :burnout:

VIPERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
got one even better that shows how parents are raising a absolute bunch of non respectful kids that will never be productive members of society and will be leaches on the government, friday night i was volunteering in the concession stand at our local youth league baseball park where i also vounteer coach. it was a beautiful night so i decided to take my newly reflashed after a month of waiting convertible '08 viper . i had to make a run to the local grocery store. As i am pulling out of the parking lot three 10 year old monsters yell 'cool car' and one proceeds to attempt to jump in the car , he is literally hanging on the driver s door. i stop and tell him to get off the car your going to get hurt. the little monster yells f--- you and takes off running. i get back from the grocery store drop off the supplies they needed in the concession stand, go back to my car so i can take my wife out to dinner and i find my passenger side window broken out by a rock thrown throught the window, glass everywhere inside the car. then the used something to smear the glass on the trunk and scratch the paint. needless to say if i find the little bastard , not the best night , especially since i just got to drive my viper again that day for the first time in a month since i was waiting on the reflash

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that viperdoc....hope u get the car fixed again soon .... how does it feel after the flash? same as before? just wondering because mine went into limp mode after just 75 miles....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got one even better that shows how parents are raising a absolute bunch of non respectful kids that will never be productive members of society and will be leaches on the government, friday night i was volunteering in the concession stand at our local youth league baseball park where i also vounteer coach. it was a beautiful night so i decided to take my newly reflashed after a month of waiting convertible '08 viper . i had to make a run to the local grocery store. As i am pulling out of the parking lot three 10 year old monsters yell 'cool car' and one proceeds to attempt to jump in the car , he is literally hanging on the driver s door. i stop and tell him to get off the car your going to get hurt. the little monster yells f--- you and takes off running. i get back from the grocery store drop off the supplies they needed in the concession stand, go back to my car so i can take my wife out to dinner and i find my passenger side window broken out by a rock thrown throught the window, glass everywhere inside the car. then the used something to smear the glass on the trunk and scratch the paint. needless to say if i find the little bastard , not the best night , especially since i just got to drive my viper again that day for the first time in a month since i was waiting on the reflash

I just got my Viper damaged by a hit and run bast@rd, so I feel your pain. Just don't mention putting a round in someone's kneecap... people get offended by that here. :D

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the matchbox Viper idea.

I have to tell you I am very impressed by your patience! I would have just lit up on the parents hahaa!

VIPERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, after spending most of saturday cleaning glass fragments out of carpet, seat, conv top, from inside passeger door, and vrom avery nook and cranny you cn imagine i finally was able to take my viper for a few miles of riding.

i have never felt a car with so much pull through all gears from 1 to 5, i didnt even try to pull in 6, but it is really cool how the rpm's drop to about 1100 at 80 mph in 6 gear, the car just thumps along, third gear has so much pull it snaps your head back not matter what speed you are at when you push the accelorator. you look down and your going 75 or 80 and dont even realize it
handles like a dream, steering that is just as responsive as my honda s2000, but man that horsepower, and the double takes you get from people as you drive by. brakes that can stop on a pin head from any speed.

at three different times today while i was taking my 8 year old riding we had people pull up beside us at stop lights and ask quesions about the car. i bet nobody does that to a vette.

and as we cruised around town today we saw at least 20 vettes, it was funny watching the vette drivers take the same kind of double take look.

even the sheriff deputy that took my police report for the broken window was awed by the car, he said i have a free pass when i take him with me on the interstate to see what the viper will really do.

ps i cant say enough about my Dodge dealer, Brennan Dodge in Ruston Louisiana, they did me right with this reflash problem, and when i buy anothr Viper in a couple of years as a stable mate for my '08 I know i will call Steve Brennan

cant wait to use that free pass

Kc Gray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few years ago at an auto show I went to some kins climbed under the rope barrier and were jumping up and down on the nose of a Ferarri 360 while thier parents watched and luaghed like it was the cutest thing they ever saw. :omg:

Some poeple are just to stupid to teach thier kids to respect others property. :rolleyes: Its pretty sad really.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have talked to the kids and parents a few times on my street. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac, where the kids love to play basebal/ foot ball, and my personal favorite, "miss the tennis ball." The parents just give me the "*** you don't tell me how to raise my kids." Don't know if me being in my early 20's had any effect on that responce.

I had my last straw when a foot ball bounced off my back glass of my viper while I was outside washing it. I called the cops and showed him the damage to my new garage door from these kids using it as a back drop for baseball, and all the balls in my back yard from when they were kicking or hitting it over my fence. He wanted me to press charges, but I told him to just give the parents and kids a strong talking to...

Kids and parents didn't learn though. Just last week I saw them hitting tennis balls at eachother, missing and hitting some new neighbors cars and denting them up. I went and informed the new neighbors of the activites and he apprently already called the cops on two kids for breaking the window in his new Z06 the day before with a baseball...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parents? What are parents these days? I am 55 years young and I guess I was born in a very different generation. If I had done that I would not have sat down for a week.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah times have changed a ton! I remember being young and getting swatted by the neighbor with a broom for landing on one of his flowers after I hopped his fence to retrieve a ball that went in his yard (I couldn't see the flower til I landed on it). Later I told my Dad, and he marched me right back to the nieghbor's place to apologize and offer to buy another flower; the neighbor refused payment, but accepted my apology, then I went back home and got grounded for 2 days. I know the neighbor respected my parents and me from then onward because they did all that they could to rectify a simple childish mistake...nowadays, parents would immediately call the cops on the neighbor and he'd be charged for "swatting me"..

I still think they need to license having children.....for all the good parents out there who have their sh*% together, there are 20 others just trying to figure out which drunken night they became pregnant.

Regards,
Aaron

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think they need to license having children.....for all the good parents out there who have their sh*% together, there are 20 others just trying to figure out which drunken night they became pregnant.

Regards,
Aaron

I fully support that idea! We have to take a test to get a driver's license, and people go through months of training and preparation to join the armed forces, but yet anyone can become a parent. :dunno:

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok this has nothing to do with kids but a grown lady, see pic below. She hopped on the hood of my Viper in front of me. My friends had to hold me back and when I got free I grabbed her boy friend by the arm. At this point I was so made that I could not say much. I think that it was something like, "Keep your girl off other peoples cars". He just looked at me. The only thing that makes me feel better is that a friend took a pic of them as they were walking away so I could post her ugly self all over the internet and warn others. So here is the pic. Yeah I know they are losers and I need to let it go.

You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok this has nothing to do with kids but a grown lady, see pic below. She hopped on the hood of my Viper in front of me. My friends had to hold me back and when I got free I grabbed her boy friend by the arm. At this point I was so made that I could not say much. I think that it was something like, "Keep your girl off other peoples cars". He just looked at me. The only thing that makes me feel better is that a friend took a pic of them as they were walking away so I could post her ugly self all over the internet and warn others. So here is the pic. Yeah I know they are losers and I need to let it go.

LOL when I saw you posted right after me, I KNEW it was gonna be some smartass remark about me almost being a parent and if I passed any tests?:lmao: But seriously, that woman/swampthing is way too big to be on the hood of a Viper. I can literally hear your hood cracking under the stress. You're a lot more polite than I am, I would've made quite a scene and came up with some unflattering names for her :mad:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and a friend were at a ******* bikini contest last year and saw one of the girls we knew and asked her for some photos afterwards...she says "sure!" kicks her shoes off and gets on the hood. I think I hid the fact that I was having a massive heartattack quite well. Luckily, she was 90lbs soaking wet...but still, a scary moment in my ******* career:

You must be registered for see images attach

Obviously her friend saw her do it, so when we asked her for a photo, the same flipping thing happened!

You must be registered for see images attach

The stuff I put my car through for the enjoyment of you people is astounding :D

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,

That you thought about us in a moment like that nearly brings tears to my eyes....and how are your 99 lb models doing?

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC